1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Template Help - Can't Do What I Want?

Discussion in 'General' started by mpax9, Apr 6, 2010.

1. mpax9

mpax9 New Member

Greetings All,

I am new to these forums but from everything I've seen/read so far - it seems like a great resource filled with knowledgeable people that are willing to lend a hand!

I attempted to download a template with the intention of editing it in Adobe Dreamweaver. The problem however, is that I can't format content the way I wish. For instance, anytime I hit ENTER it skips a line. From what I understand this has something to do with CSS but I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the template formatting so I can have it displayed the way I want without losing the template format. I would like to create an interactive resume/electronic portfolio, so I imagine that I am going to have a lot of issues when creating bulleted lists and such down the road.

Any help is appreciated!

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Has nothing to do with the css file. Sounds like you need to review few tutorials on Dreamweaver.

You may also want to brush up on html/css at w3schools.com you only loose a couple of hours of time.