1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Replacing page logo image: same font, but doesn't look the same?

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Nebulocity, May 15, 2014.

1. Nebulocity

Nebulocity New Member

I wanted to use a template from your site in order to host my web development tests, however I'm having a problem with changing the website logo. The template that I'm using is right here:

https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/gamewebsitetemplate/index.html

Looking in the "fonts" folder, I see that the font that was likely used was called "Philosopher-Bold". So I Googled it, and found a font of the same name at this link:

https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/gamewebsitetemplate/index.html

The problem is that after installing the font, opening the original logo in PhotoShop CS5, and creating another logo image of the same size, my text does not match the style used in the original logo. I've looked throughout the support forums, but didn't see anything that would

I've attached two images:

Original logo: original-logo.png
    New logo: new-logo.png

Am I using the wrong font? If so, could you provide the correct one to use? And if I am using the correct font, how can I increase the weight of the text? Because increasing the size of the text makes it larger than the image size...so I'm assuming it's something else that needs to be changed.

Any ideas? Thanks in again for your help, and thanks also for making so many amazing templates available for public use.

2. Recidivist

Recidivist VIP Member

Hi, it looks like you've found the right font. The difference is that the text in the original logo has had some other things done to it; it looks like a border and some embossing.

Right click the layer and go to Blending Options. You should find Stroke and Emboss there. Should be able to get something similar from that.

Mimoun, Dawn and CovertPea like this.
  3. Nebulocity

Nebulocity New Member

Thank you, Recidivist! It worked great ;-)