1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Quick Help

Discussion in 'Free Graphics' started by ArtLover, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtLover

ArtLover New Member

I know that this may be frowned upon in this forum, but I would love if someone could photoshop me into a picture next to a statue at the metropolitan museum of art.

Thanks in advance. [​IMG][​IMG]Thank you so much!

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Someone should do this for what reason?

3. ArtLover

ArtLover New Member

I plan on giving back with designing templates and doing websites reviews but i am in a time crunch
    It would be a gigantic help if anyone could do this!

4. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

This is a bit quirky.....

So many things that will make this look fake, both pictures are different quality, no idea the size of statue, white top on white background impossible to cut exactly, then the same with the statue brown on brown......ArtLover you really do not make it easy, but I gave it a try just due to such a wierd request (please note I will not try again), but need to ask why the request?

MET1copy.png

5. ArtLover

ArtLover New Member

I know there is a logistical problem with making this realistic given the angle, lighting, and size. But if someone wants to take this up I would want the museum statue to be full size which would make about the same height, and for the museum background to be used instead of the picture of me.

Thank you so much!

6. ishkey

"I would want the museum statue to be full size which would make about the same height"
    ???
    What is full size of the figurine, 12 inches or 4 feet or what? How tall are you?
    Is there a page on metropolitan museum of art website to reference. Any substantial info would help.

7. ArtLover

ArtLover New Member

In the first draft the statue is sized down, but in actuality it is 5 feet tall which is my height. The faint shadow on the wall outlines the size of a human relative to the statue.

Thanks again!

8. 1970Forest

Right.....now that height is sorted etc, this still can not be done how you want it, not with the picture of you wearing white top against white background, and then you will be talking a fair bit of work to separate statue from wall and place yourself in between..

And again as I did take time out to do this for you (all be it at wrong size) could you answer my question please of 'why you want it done'?

Oh and please don't use a pink font I can hardly read it.....:rolleyes:

9. ArtLover

ArtLover New Member

Its okay you don't have to I feel like I am making a ridiculous request anyway. Thanks anyway!

10. ishkey

Considering the amount of work required and having to interpolate the data as per your request, 1970Forest's Curiosity of why you want to be shown side by side is understandable not that it is ridiculous.
    You claim the figurine is 5 feet tall which is also your height. Though you posted a picture showing 2 1/2 feet of yourself, (meaning somewhere on the internet are your legs which will have to be added in).
    Looking closely at the figurine picture, it appears as if the person taking the photo is eye level, note the downward angle of the description below on the pedestal. An assumption can be made that the shadow is to the right of the figurine is that of the person taking the photo. All of which would indicated that figurine and pedestal total is 5 feet tall.
    Two types of photos could be created, one similar to what 1970Forest created or one where you are standing on the pedestal next to figurine with your legs added.
    Communication is key, this way both parties frustration is reduced and the end result is achieved.

11. ArtLover

ArtLover New Member

I agree with everything you said, the main point being that the figure + the pedestal makes up the entire 5 feet.

12. ArtLover

ArtLover New Member

Last try: Two pictures without conflicting backgrounds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 1970Forest

I can work with that even though it's a different statue to the one originally posted!!! but would still like to know why before I do...PLEASE!!!!!

14. ArtLover

ArtLover New Member

If I must be honest- I am putting the picture on a postcard to send to my parents -- they love art and especially the met so this will be a nice gift!

Thank you.

15. 1970Forest

I See, thats cool at least it gives you time to do what you want :ROFLMAO:

16. ArtLover

ArtLover New Member

Just a request! Yes I know I was very unhelpful in this process and had a ridiculous request but I didn't think I was going to be mocked. Well thanks for your consideration anyway, genuinely. I am grateful that you took time out of your day to help me.

17. Ruthe

Ruthe Community Manager

ArtLover, I don't think anyone's mocking you here! In fact, I've been following this thread out of sheer curiosity for the reason behind the request so it was an "aww" moment when I found out this project's to make your parents happy. That's really sweet of you! :D And I'm sure the rest feel the same too. It's really just that without your explanation, it comes across as an extremely peculiar request.

18. ishkey

you are right Ruthe,
    ArtLover / Devin Kelevra are one in the same.
    Devin Kelevra posted the same thing and then went oops (I forgot who I was) and delete it.
    how we see it

'This message has been removed from public view.'

both email address have the same male's name yet the one above claims to be a girl.
    what are you up to with the young ladies pic above. trying to cause problems or what.

So ArtLover / Devin Kelevra what explanation do you have, we would like to hear it.

19. 1970Forest

isn't it fun this thread, so many twists and turns, but I'm game to play along.

Another and easier suggestion ArtLover what is the name of these statues? then I can google em find a picture with some-one already photo'd with it then photoshop the girls face on?

20. ArtLover

ArtLover New Member

My brother used my account to write that, then I resposted it under my own name- we use the same computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.