1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics I need help to re-draw a jpg logo

Discussion in 'Free Graphics' started by g1izh, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g1izh

g1izh New Member

This is not a request for a new design.
    I have a logo which is used by our Amateur Radio Club that is in jpg format (low res). I need it re-drawn as a high res image so I can save it to my pc to then upload to our website. I have tried to clean it up using 'paint' but my skill levels are lacking! Can anyone re-draw it so that it is nice and sharp and put it somewhere on the internet at a place where I can then retrieve it as a hi-res?
    I will insert the jpg here.

[​IMG]

The text around the edge reads KINGS LYNN AMATEUR RADIO CLUB.
    The lettering in the centre is KLARC (the top of the centre A is extended to represent a tower with radio signals emanating from it).
    The lettering below 'KLARC' reads Norfolk England.
    Below Norfolk England are the two radio station callsigns 'G1XYZ & G3XYZ.
    Any help please.

2. tzoki

tzoki New Member

I'll try to re-draw it for you in a better resolution

3. g1izh

g1izh New Member

Thank you. The generosity of other internet users never cease to amaze me.

4. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

... . .-.. .-.. ---* ..-. .-. --- --* ..-. .-- - :)

5. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

Morse code?

6. g1izh

g1izh New Member

Yes. = "SELLO FROM RWT" ("H" is .... not ... though)

7. CovertPea

Aww, so I left off one 'dit'. More a typo than a mistake, everyone knows "S" is '...'
    Anyhow, it's been 20 odd years since I played with morse so that ain't too bad an effort for memory.

Give us a yell if you need a hand with that logo re-draw. I'm bored. :mad:

CP

8. g1izh

g1izh New Member

Thank you for your offer CP but as Tzoki has already kindly offered I think I should give him a go first.:)

9. g1izh

g1izh New Member

Any luck with the re-draw yet Tzoki. I hoped to be able to use it to create some posters for an event on 10th August.......

10. CovertPea

If we don't hear from Tzoki by tomorrow evening, I'll send you the one I've done. (Told you I was bored!) :)

11. tzoki

tzoki New Member

you can send your draw too ...maybe is better than mine:D...

12. tzoki

tzoki New Member

g1izh I've almost finished the redrawing for your logo..as you requested i"m trying to make an exactly copy of your logo (a bigger one ) but unfortunately I can"T get te second yellow circle right in the center ..that's why I haven't posted yet...I've made it in photoshop..I'll keep trying until tomorrow when I'll post it

*//

13. g1izh

g1izh New Member

Thanks to both Tzoki & CP. If CP has it done then maybe I can take a look, if Tzoki's is any better then at least I have a choice. Just one comment please.
    I notice that the files drawn for others seem to need 'photoshop' to open them (a programme I do not have). I have copied a screenshot of the file types I can work with for info. I need the image in the largest size/format I can get so that if I print it to A4 or A3 size it is still smoooth around the edges....... There is no significance in the one file type being highlighted (that was how it was in the screenshot).

[​IMG]

14. tzoki

tzoki New Member

I'll save it as jpeg because every computer recognize it

15. CovertPea

You have a fairly comprehensive list of usable file types there!
    Most of the graphics we do here are saved as gifs, jpgs, pngs and fully layered psd's. (Of which you have all.)
    Here's the logo re-draw. Saved as a smaller jpg for the forum.
    I have altered it slightly with the "Amateur Radio Club" text in the lower half of the circle. This way doesn't make the logo look so 'top heavy'.
    I also have the full editable psd (photoshop) file available if you want it.
    Cheers
    CP

16. tzoki

tzoki New Member

It seems that CP resolved your problem;)....

Cheers for the designing genious (and the newest moderator "in town" if I'm not mistakeing)

17. g1izh

g1izh New Member

Thanks again to both CP & Tzoki.......
    Since my last post I have tried again to download one of the PSD files and then selected 'open with' & chose 'Photo Impact', lo and behold it does work. I must have been having a blonde moment.....doh!!:eek:
    The image from CP looks great so I would appreciate the link to the file in the best format. If Tzoki also has a file can I take a look so that I have a choice? Just as an aside, how big should these images be able to be 'blown up' on paper before they start to look raggedy?
    Thanks again.....:)

18. CovertPea

Thank you Tzoki! :rolleyes:

G1izh -
    You can download the full psd from here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?arcbdzwyfdo
    Does PhotoImpact show up the individual layers of a psd file? I know I can open psd's with Paint Shop Pro (and vice versa) but most times it only shows the merged layer.
    Couldn't tell you exactly how large you can increase the image by. Mostly find out by trial and error I suppose. I made the original size 500 x 500 pixels with 150 ppi.

19. g1izh

g1izh New Member

Thanks a million CP.
    I have downloaded the file & it opens in 'Ulead PhotoImpact 10' as individual layers, great stuff......... I have had to save a copy as a .jpg to upload to my website as the website is a free/modular site which has pre-built pages etc which I edit online. It has constraints on what I can or can't do but serves its purpose (take a look at http://www.klarc.org.uk), I have already used the new image on the homepage. On that note....As you view the homepage you will see a row of pictures on a red background. I wonder if you are still bored enough to have a play at creating a 'banner' image which I could use to replace them with? I would wish the club badge to form a part of it with the welcome message included but not the other photographs. It would of course need to blend with the colouring already in use. you can have freedom of artistic impression to come up with some options. Please let me know if I should start this request in a new thread and I will do so.
    Once again thanks for your work..

20. g1izh

g1izh New Member

Tzoki......Thank you also for joining in with this thread. I stand in awe at the skills demonstrated on this forum. Keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.