1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General how do i use template

Discussion in 'General' started by sleepnbewti, Feb 8, 2008.

1. sleepnbewti

sleepnbewti New Member

I downloaded template 20 (business) and I have no idea what to do next. This is my first time working with a template.

I have Dreamweaver, do I need Photoshop?

After I downloaded the template, the files I have are index, style, a Photshop image, and an image folder.

I just have no idea where to start. Would someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

2. lesauf

lesauf New Member

First, you should know that a website has 2 parts: the design and the code (html/PHP). The template that you downloaded is the design part of a site (on a simply code). Your work now is to code a website in HTML, PHP, ... or to modify the templates by editing the index.html file to made it fit to a CMS like (drupal).
    Whatever you want to do, you have to know html to use the templates.

p-s: I'm not good english speaker. I hope that I have not made many mistakes:D

3. ayishah

ayishah New Member

Can't u just tell him how to do it? I am still waiting on a reply regarding the same thing. I understand how to use Photoshop & Dreamweaver but not sure where to start. Please help us.

4. maste4

maste4 New Member

Template.

I came here arm with my questions for this forum........and now i don't have to ask my questions anymore. You know why? It's because you already ask the same questions i was going to ask in this forum.........It's like if i was talking true you to ask my questions.......:eek:

5. lesauf

lesauf New Member

Learn XHTML and CSS

The first thing to do is to learn XHTML (eXtensible HyperText Markup Langage) to develop your website.
    Second, you have to learn CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) to adapt the templates to your site.

If you open the index.html file with a web browser you will have a website. By opening the same file with an editor like notepad or gedit you will have the text of the site within some "<markup>Text of website</markup>" called markup. To understand their meaning you have to learn XHTML.
    http://www.siteduzero.com/tuto-3-6-0-apprenez-a-creer-votre-site-web.html give XHTML and CSS courses (in french).

P-S: I am a freelance webdevelopper. If you want a professionnal website with a theme you choose here, I am willing to do it for you. At the end you will be able to change the content, and even the theme without knowing XHTML. Your site will have an administration zone. Take a look on http://www.lesauf-design.net. It is my website

6. hotmailbuddy

hotmailbuddy New Member

lemme give you a nice place

please read tutorials at w3schools.com,
    This website contains awsome stuff and related to your requirements also
    Thanks

7. lesauf

lesauf New Member

I hope this reply was helpful.