1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Help with template download for a total dumbo

Discussion in 'General' started by agme28, Mar 7, 2010.

1. agme28

agme28 New Member

Hello!

Yesterday I downloaded this template Finding Peace but I have no idea what to open and edit it with. I don't have Dreamweaver or anything, I tried opening the php file in Word but naturally, it didn't work as I assume I need to load all the unzipped files somehow?

Many thanks!!

PS What is wordpress? Is this template something I can make into a website for myself? Ta.

2. Recidivist

Recidivist VIP Member

If you're editing PHP/HTML/CSS etc. use Notepad, or better yet Notepad++.
    If you only want to change the look rather than layout, you should just be able to change the images included in the download, without needing Dreamweaver or anything.

Wordpress is a blog publishing platform - WordPress › Blog Tool and Publishing Platform

Is that template made for wordpress? If it isn't, you can use it by itself for a website. It should tell you on the site you downloaded it from, website template or wordpress theme/style/template or something.

3. agme28

agme28 New Member

Thanks for replying. I just want to swap the text for my own and make sure I have the pages I need. I would keep the layout the same basically. The template is described as this:

"The Finding Peace design was built on a Windows machine with valid CSS and XHTML 1.0 Strict. It was tested in Windows for FF 2.0, IE 6.0 and with Mac OS X for Safari 1.3."

If I edit in Notepad, can I see the changes as I don't know anything about html codes etc?

Thanks