1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General help step by step

Discussion in 'General' started by francieti, Mar 30, 2008.

1. francieti

francieti New Member

Hi to all
    I"m at zero, nada, niente, zip. Nothing about websites, templates, htlm, NOTHING. I have a hoster, domain name and downloaded a free tamplate from this site to my documents.
    many questions, first
    do I need some type of program to open the template?
    after opening the template what's next? how can I change the text, business name, edit it? how can I load that template to my host? I need a shopping cart for my business, how can I do that? do I need a webtemplate that already has a page for a shopping cart?
    I apologize, maybe my questions could help others as well.
    thank you in advance.

2. francieti

francieti New Member

I guess I overwelm you with so many request.
    sorry will try to figure it out on my own.
    thanks to all

3. Riley

Riley New Member

RE:francieti

well thats alot of questions. Try using zenCart. you will need MYsql. How long did you wait to get your answer? Get dreamweaver or some other HTML editor. Just google HTML editors.

4. francieti

francieti New Member

thanks you

5. tzoki

tzoki New Member

6. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Hey Riley,
    I think nobody answered him because all the answers are allready posted in this forum and all over the internet. We get tired of answering the same thing over and over just because people want instant answers.
    Francieti said it best I know nothing. Like a few others who have posted here, then they ask more and more questions, before you know it everyone here made a web site for them.
    People need to do a little, shall I dare say Homework first. Search the web for some basic answers and understanding, and then ask for a little guidance.

7. tzoki

tzoki New Member

I agree with you ishkey ..this forum is like an open book which talks to you (and it really "talks")

8. francieti

francieti New Member

I don't want or expect anybody to do anything for me. If I posted the question like that was for one reazon. Instead of having people ask you questions over and over again, it would be practical to just have step by step instructions. I done a lot of reading and even though I see lots of people trying to help others, there are gaps that need to be filled for the beginners.

give fish to a man and he'll eat one day. Teach the man how to fish, he'll eat for life.

this site is to help the ones don't know right? don't get insulted!

9. tzoki

tzoki New Member

sorry if I insulted you...I didn't want to but I share a different opinion:
    I think the website was made for beginers as you said but it is very well made:
    &you have a section for full webpage template
    &you have another section for learning and asking for help on your own problems : example:you need smth with mysql go and ask there
    All the categorys are made for those who are looking for a particular thing...
    What are you trying to do is a well apreciated thing:you're trying to make a thread on making a website from the basics.
    I am also a beginner , a very begginer I think because I have never coded in html seriously so I sometimes share the same feelings...(WYSIWYG editor power :) ) but for everything you have to search and build the website on your own so it would be much easier for you to customize it ..

Personal opinion.

10. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Not insulted at all. You have a Great Idea - Step By Step Instructions.
    I like it... As a beginner it will be a great project for you, as you can document your experiences, while building your web. Post your Tutorial in steps and we can all add to it.
    You reap what you sow!