1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General expansion for book series only focus

Discussion in 'General' started by seasoned_geek, Feb 26, 2010.

1. seasoned_geek

seasoned_geek New Member

Hello,

Has anyone looked at creating a new template or expanding this template so that it focuses on a single book series, not the author or just a book. I have been looking all over for a book series template. There are sites for book series, but no templates.

some sites I stumbled across

Left Behind
    StephenieMeyer.com | The Official Website of Stephenie Meyer
    D.J. MacHale Books
    Nora Roberts

I have a site for my current book series which I paid to have created years ago, but now I would really like to do over myself using a template and either Kompozer or Quanta without any flash. I'm tired of needing to request changes and having developers use site development tools which require development environments that never get uploaded to the site. I have a new book in the series. Unlike the other books this one is free and in PDF form. I was trying to add just a title and image to the main page and a link to a description page with DL of the PDF file. I blew most of a day thanks to the last developer using sitebuilder and not uploading the sitebuilder project files.

A book series template with a link I can point to my blog and a place to add links for my other sites, plus a guest registry shouldn't be a difficult thing...depending upon how one choose to handle each book.

The Stephenie Meyer site listed above took the cleanest approach. A different tab for everything leaving the front page for news blurbs.

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

3. seasoned_geek

seasoned_geek New Member

I wish you wouldn't move it because that template was focused on a writer NOT a book series as the examples I posted were.