1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

What country you come from?

Discussion in 'General' started by joel, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Web Monkey

Web Monkey New Member

Jon, I take it by "Rising Sun" your ancestors are from Japan, but today, in spite of WW2, the Japanese as a race, are entirely different to those terrible days & we westeners have to forget, I hate the people that keep showing old movies factual or otherwise on TV about the war with Japan, especially about the atomic bombs that were dropped on Horoshima & Nagasaki, personally I never watch them, but I know some that do, now the thinking of scientists is that the war could have been won without dropping those bombs!, bl**dy hell, now they're waking up, about time too! please keep in touch.
    Anyway Jon, welcome to FWT! [​IMG]

2. Jon@RisingSun

Jon@RisingSun New Member

No I have no ancestors from Japan. The name is simply a pub from which my sunday team takes it name.

During WW2 im sure a lot of Japanese soilders did terrable things to the allies but it was war and a lot of nationalities did horrable things but as Stevie Wonder said in the song Ebony and Ivory "There is good and bad, in Everyone" (I rule sing star with that one, although I sing as Paul McCartney as its too hard to sign as Stevie).

Thanks for the welcome. picture of a smily face to appear here when i work it out lol

3. Web Monkey

Web Monkey New Member

Ha ha, well I never, I sorta convinced myself that "The Rising Sun" was was referring to the Japanese who used to call their country "the land of the rising sun", did you know that Jon?, I understand that these days a lot of Japanese are becoming Christians, something unheard of in the days of Emperor Hirohito who the Japanese regarded as a god, as for the smiley face, the ones I use are from "Get Smile" which I downloaded years ago, there are loads to choose from, here are some examples; [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ilisia2

ilisia2 New Member

My name is Nikos.
    Hello from Athens, Greece

5. Web Monkey

Web Monkey New Member

Welcome to FWT Nikos!

6. NSI

NSI New Member

My Name is Frank. Born and raised in Southern Italy, near Naples, now married with children in Boston, MA to a Brazilian Born wife whose parents are one from Portugal the other from Bolivia. My household speaks English, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
    The rest of my family is spread out all over Italy, Paris France, Zurich Switzerland, and Bueno Aires Argentina..and people wonder why I am so screwed up...
    Hi all. I am really enjoying this site.
    Frank

7. Dollar hunter

Dollar hunter New Member

Hey i m basically from india but presently i m in tanzania and it is 6 pm here.

8. Myth

Myth New Member

I'm from the United States.

9. sweetdeboo

sweetdeboo New Member

i basically belong to INDIA.
    i love my country because of its rich culture and resources.
    [​IMG]

10. nachiketkhanna

nachiketkhanna New Member

I am Nachiket khanna from India now here time is 1.05 AM

11. Davidwilson

Davidwilson Banned

From Florida USA.

12. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

But IP address is coming from Pakistan...

13. Yankees1

Yankees1 New Member

New york City, USA

14. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

you sound like you are from the Bronx

15. Clint Davies

Clint Davies Member

I'm for England. South England as live in Swindon :)

16. kushy

kushy New Member

I am from India.

17. alice789

alice789 New Member

Austrian and Pakistan (my mum is Austrian and my dad is Pakistani)

18. Ilkley Mills

Ilkley Mills New Member

I'm from Gods County, West Yorkshire in Jolly old England

19. pinkruby

pinkruby New Member

i come from Vietnam-a small country ;)

20. pinkruby

pinkruby New Member

wow :)