1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Using .PSD file to edit site images. I think I'm overlooking something

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by kdogg, May 4, 2011.

1. kdogg

kdogg New Member

OK! First, I want to direct you guys to a 6 year old post by one of the admins:

https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forum/3152-post2.html

More directly:

This pretty much sums up what I want to do. I have the .PSD file that looks like the whole webpage opened in Photoshop CS5 right now. I've found the layers that make up image .jpg file in my images folder and shut off 3 layers to remove the text I do not want.

Note that the text is over the top of an image that looks like a leafs.

OK, I've opened the images folder along side my Photoshop and dragged the .jpg file into Photoshop, placing it OVER the .PSD file and lining it up...

Now what? I'm suck at these steps:

If I try to click anything, it asks me if I want to place the image. If I say no, it starts over like I've done nothing. If I say yes, its places the image back over what I just edited out.

What am I doing wrong? I just need to get the new image with the next now removed OUT of the .PSD file. The image is sliced to hell so I'm only trying to edit a section and line it all back up. If I can get it out of the .PSD, can place it into my images folder like it was suppose to be that way with no text.

Follow what I mean? Go easy on me, I don't really know PS CS5 and I'm new to using templates.

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Things have changed a lot with all the new Photoshop versions released in the last 6 years. I think I understand what your problem is and how to solve it. Just to make sure and to handle your question faster can you tell me which template you're using and which image you're trying to change. Sometimes you don't even need Photoshop to make changes.