1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

User registration,login and image upload.

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by Jerome Dekker, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jerome Dekker

Jerome Dekker New Member

For an assignment,i have to create an art contest web application
    that enables users to register,login and upload their arts to 2
    categories. In each category,a user can upload a maximum of 5 entries.
    After registration,a user has to be able to login anytime
    (once the deadline is not due) to change one or more of the entries
    or delete it. One final thing is that there should also be an admin
    page to manage the site. I've been able to research enough to know
    how to build the login and registration pages + database. I've also
    researched on how to upload the arts but that's an
    independent/separate web application on it's own. My problem now is
    to be able to integrate the art upload web application into the user
    login application? How do I go about all this? Is there any tutorial
    or is there a better of doing this so that the right images will be
    linked to the right user profile? How can i finally ensure that when
    a user logs in,he's given the possibility to change or delete an old
    entry?

2. w3web

w3web Member

Take one admin class, user class, art class, then write the code for registration page, login page.
    Admin class: Use the functionalities to delete and view the of users. [display user list]
    User class: add functionalities like upload their 2 categories once they logged in and make sure that user date did not reached dead line, it it reached then display sorry deadlines reached. [all user details must be added to admin class]
    Art Class: It is the heart of the logic: Once the user login to the application, first check for the date if it before the deadlines, then call their details by using object from admin class, then display their details and give the two options, modify the details or delete them. As you said Art class has 2 categories with maximum 5 entries, so you need to ask users to choose two categories and minimum 5 entries each.
    Finally admin class should be reported every time when any thing added or deleted from art or user classes.

Admin [user details list with user name, date of application created,number of times modified, category 1 [ 1,2, 3,..5] and category 2 [1,2,3,..5]
    User [Name, add other any details once logged in]
    Art [once logged in art add page is displayed, add category 1 [take list of 5 mandatory], category 2 [take list of 5 mandatory]

3. Jerome Dekker

Jerome Dekker New Member

Thanks. I will consider your advice.