1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Terms of Use

Discussion in 'General' started by BillEdwards, Dec 17, 2007.

1. BillEdwards

BillEdwards New Member

Hi,

Can I put thumbnails of free templates on my site for my clients can choose from?

Kins regards,
    Bill

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Only if you make clear that the templates are free and from freewebsitestemplates.com.
    You can't charge your clients for the templates, but can charge them for customization, support, hosting and other services.

3. BillEdwards

BillEdwards New Member

Many thanks for your reply.

What does make clear mean?
    Does this mean I have to have an active link from the site to freewebsitetemplates.com OR a static text for FreeWebsiteTemplates.com visible to everyone OR a HTML Comment in HTML source (visible only when View > Source is used) OR mention in my {paper} contract with client that the templates are free and obtained from FreeWebsiteTemplate.com?

many thanks once again.

regards,
    Bill

4. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Make clear means the client needs to know.

When put on an online portfolio or website were clients buy your service, you need to make it very clear at the top of your page or next to the thumbnails that the templates are freely available on freewebsitetemplates.com and they pay for your service not for the templates.

These rules are in no way meant to promote our website it just would be unfair to your clients to sell them something they can get for free.
    It would also be bad for your business if the clients find out about later on.

For your own good make it clear in the invoice what the client is paying for, so you don't get in trouble later on.

You don't need to place any link on the client website.

5. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

wow mimoun posted :eek: