1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General tables/colors not loading

Discussion in 'General' started by scrapmom, Dec 27, 2007.

1. scrapmom

scrapmom New Member

Hi ,

I am using Dreamweaver, in Design mode all looks good, I go to upload and when it is live , all the colors,tables and some pictures don't show? I've uploaded the style.css and image folders. What's going wrong?

Check here: http://personalizedinvitations.ca/

This is supposed to be the fashion template.

Please help before I punch my computer

2. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

scrapmom LOL, let me just say you wouldn't be the first person to punch your computer over websites!!! I've been real close myself.

Anyway, I don't know anything about the fashion template but I did click on your link above. It definitely looked like a problem with your CSS file so I checked your code and I think I found the problem.

In you code up near the top you have the following line:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="file:///Tania/Users/scrapmomx2/Documents/invitations/www/style.css" type="text/css" charset="utf-8" />

Looking at the href="file:// .......
    this is your problem. You need what is typed between your " " to be the location of your style.css file on your web server.
    I would imagine if you copy and paste the following code in your code's place, it'll all work:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://personalizedinvitations.ca/style.css" type="text/css" charset="utf-8" />

Hope this works for you.

3. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

Oh, and to paste that code in, you'll need to be in either the "Split" or "Code" view in Dreamweaver. Make sure to then upload your newly saved html file.

4. scrapmom

scrapmom New Member

you rock! Thank you so much. I can't believe my first site is up ! Yahoo!

5. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

Right on. I'm glad I could help. If you run into another problem I check this forum from time to time or you can post in my forum on my site (I'll see that post much quicker).

Anyway good luck.

PS I noticed on your site you have the word "you" when it should read "your" where it says 'you pictures'