1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Solve Problems and Achieve your Goals.

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by jrnjames, Apr 22, 2008.

1. jrnjames

jrnjames New Member

Please review my website and advise accordingly.

2. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Frankly speaking it looks a little bit boring to me. I don’t mind it includes important tips of information but still I would prefer to see more pictures on your webpage.
    I also suggest you to insert your website name into the header of your website.

3. jrnjames

jrnjames New Member

Thank you for your valued feedback.

4. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

Hi Robert.

Ok, I'm known for being direct, but through around these parts :rolleyes:. Hope it's taken constructively.

First, I agree with emilypal - your site is a bit boring in design and the header up above is wasted space. You should put a header in there telling people where they are. If you're only going to include that picture of someone sitting with a laptop, you should remove it all together (which I don't advise because you need a header).

Second, if the site is titled "Pendulum Power," it might be good to remove the picture of the woman and place a new header with a pendulum in there.

Your content is waaaay long. You need to shorten it up and make it to the point. Also, format your content for screen reading (short few sentences at a time).

If you absolutely MUST include all the content you have, I would include a menu bar down the right side of your page with links to relevant content (like About Us, etc).

I don't "get" your site immediately when I get there. In fact, I feel like I'm being sold something by the wording you use, even though you say there's nothing to pay now or later . . . don't use those words.

Your site's purpose needs to be understood by a visitor immediately, otherwise they will click away. People online have way too short of attention spans to "keep reading" to figure out why they are here.

I like that you use lists in your content. Lists are good because they are easily scanable. Unfortunately, they are buried under tons and tons of text that no one will read unless they want to read it before they got there (i.e. maybe they know you).

Maybe if you could add a horizontal menu at the top so people can click on different sub topics you talk about. This would keep content levels down for each page and people wouldn't be so intimidated.

About all my friend, what you need to do is tell people this IMMEDIATELY:
    - why here?
    - why now?
    - why you?
    - why this?
    - so what?

If you don't answer the "so what" right away, they will probably click away.

As for your header, I created a new one for you. It's not perfect, but I believe is better than the one you have. The file name is the same, so just upload it and replace your current one.

http://www.eventurebiz.com/header.gif

Good luck my friend -

5. jrnjames

jrnjames New Member

Hi John,

Many thanks for taken the time to review my website, and creating the new header for my pages, which I have uploaded to my host server.

However, during the past seven days I have located a new free editor and designed another website, which is linked to my signature below - After reading all the pages of my website, your review would be most welcome.

6. kathyper

kathyper New Member

As for me it’s a good website for representing a book to the audience. Good luck.

7. jrnjames

jrnjames New Member

Many thanks for your feedback and the time spent, checking my website.

Take care.

8. unibul

unibul New Member

I would like to see an opening paragraph that introduces the idea behind the project. You begin directly by introducing yourself. If it is an autobiography, it is probably a good idea to just say it up front and move on from there.