1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Snow sled/toboggan website review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by boatbuilder, Jul 28, 2011.

1. boatbuilder

boatbuilder New Member

Hi,

Would you mind having a look at my website?
    Its still a work in progress...some of the pages haven't got the content added to them yet, but the basic structure is there.

I plan to have three photos on the main page, with a pop up lightbox effect.
    Also on the "what people say about us" page, I'll have customer photos displayed with a similar lightbox effect.

Thanks!

Sledworks.ie - Home

2. household61974

household61974 New Member

While you have a Facebook and Twitter button on your home page, might also want to consider having those also on your contact page.

Also, I see that your home page currently shows the sleds are 99E with free shipping. However, your online shop shows the sleds at different prices depending on where they're shipped. Consider three things:
    1. adding the same note on your online shop that they're 99E as of right now.
    2. Is there an "expiration date" of when you will start charging for shipping? Might want to say "on all orders placed prior to [insert date]."
    3. Are you even willing to ship to the U.S. or another place so far away for free? Might want to specify that to avoid any issues.

3. boatbuilder

boatbuilder New Member

Thanks! I'll work on those things that you mentionned!:)

4. vkoneness

vkoneness New Member

Hello seeing that you are still working on your website, I suggest you add more colors to it make it vibrant but yet keeping it simple I would not also make it as busy either, maybe a simple splash page with links will do.
    I hope this helps

5. OttoTheShrimp

OttoTheShrimp New Member

I think this site will come 'alive' once the pictures and content is added. Your customer feedback and recommendations should maybe be included on the front page to highlight the feedback of your product.

Simple and effective.

Good Luck

6. leebooker

leebooker New Member

Like the general feel of the website - my only concern (and realise its still work in progress) but the text on the 'home and what people say about us' tabs is very light in colour and does not really stand out and makes it hard to read.
    Could the price on the 'home' page also be in £'s for us UK customers.

Look forward to seeing the final product with the pics.

7. soccertrev17

soccertrev17 New Member

The overall setup of the website is easy to use. I like the simplicity of the white background considering that the website is for sleds. The snowflakes in the background are a nice touch also. I would suggest that on the "What People Say About Us" page you make the font of the quotes larger. They are a bit hard to read because they are very small. I would also use a little bit darker font on the home page.

8. sleighton

sleighton New Member

Hi,

First of all i wanted to let you know that i am getting an error from trend micro which is our works antivirus saying there is something potentially dangerous on your contact page:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/sledworks.jpg/

I would agree with the above about making the colours more vibrant, especially the menu section at the top and i can understand why you have greyed out the text but i think it would look a lot more legible with black text as the grey outline highlights the section you are in, in any case

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

9. BillyC

BillyC New Member

Nice one, but in the context of SEO it is not good !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because few pages are taking time to open.................. You have to work on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. hamo

hamo New Member

overall I like it atm. Its easy to get around with the tabs at the top, as said before I would maybe try injecting a bit more colour but ill be sure to check back when you get a bit further on.

All the best with the site

11. Brenjamin

Brenjamin New Member

I really like the simplicity of it - too many websites these days make it harder than it needs to be to find out what you want to know. The snowflakes are also a really nice touch.

As with people above, I think there could be some benefit in making the tabs a bit darker. The tab you're currently on could still be darker than the ones in the background, but perhaps think a darker shade of grey is needed for the background tabs.

With just the two current quotes on 'what people say about us' could be separated a bit for additional clarity.

On the whole, looks very clear, all the best with it

12. Gerry0587

Gerry0587 New Member

This site is simple but to the point! It could help more colors. Also the "What People Say About Us" or the customer feedback should go in the homepage to
    attract the prospective customers attention rapidly. With that small changes, once you start uploading the pictures it should be great!

Best of luck!

13. AWORRALL93

AWORRALL93 New Member

mate it looks great. i love the snow falling in the background. you could do with some pictures on the homepage where the green squares are but other than that it looks great