1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Simple Question about Pixels

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Soopafly, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Soopafly

Soopafly New Member

I am using Paint Shop Pro Photo X2.

I'm tinkering around with a website and want to replace some small buttons (average of 50x20 pixels for each button image) with ones that are contextually appropriate for my site. However when I swap out the buttons on the page, mine do not look nearly as clear as the default ones. Any ideas as to how I can fix this? I've done some reading on resolution but haven't yet found a solution to my problem. I'll be continuing to look but any help or advice here would be appreciated.

2. grodt718

grodt718 New Member

HEY,tHERE

:cool:I'm No Guru but check to make sure that your image are the same size check your website source code and make sure your image size are the same if not you can change the size by locating the height and width part of the image and change to the appropriate size that should fix your problem
    Hope this helps ,If not I'm pretty sure one of the experts here on the FWT would be glad to help

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

why don't you post the before and after graphics of one of the buttons.

4. grodt718

grodt718 New Member

Ok

OK, I dont understand how people ask for help but stay logged on for just a few Min's do i have to wait till the next time he logs in to see the images, LOL:cool:

5. Soopafly

Soopafly New Member

Original one:
    [​IMG]

Mine:
    [​IMG]

Very blurry, pixelated.

6. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I would start out with a blank button. Yours has a gradient, dark on top #B90C06 - lighter at the bottom #C71509. I would load the blank up and add a layer of the text needed. Save that one and keep going through the cycle until all the buttons are made.

Attached Files: