1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Review - newhampshirewebdesign.com

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by matrix01, Jun 24, 2008.

1. matrix01

matrix01 New Member

New Hampshire Webdesign provides best service on web applications. Please visit in the site and review it.

Thanks,

2. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Your site has a calm and user friendly design. I don't know if you did it yourself but I definitely liked it.

3. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

Hello matrix01, I sincerely hope this is a real request for us to take a look and comment on your site. We've had a few people come around these parts asking for a review and never coming back.

I agree with emilypal that your site has a calm and user friendly design. However, it starts to break down from there, for me.

First, keep in mind you have come into a forum where a lot of web designers and freelancers roam. Stating that your company is the best makes me feel like telling everyone, "hey, don't forget about my company." :)

In any case, what I like about your site is the simplicity of it. It's easy to navigate and discover what you do.

But, I wouldn't be much help to you if I ended it there. So here are some thoughts, but keep in mind, I think your website is well done.

1. I'm not a big fan of white on white. I'm a firm believer that if your website is centered down the screen you should have a darker background color to make the center section "pop." That's just me, I know a few of my colleagues think otherwise.

2. The first thing I think you really should take a look at is the actual content written on your home page. Here's what I see:

The first rule of content writing is you DO NOT CAPITALIZE EVERYTHING. People read it as you're yelling at them. If you want it to be visible, try either a different font color or simply bolding, but remove the all caps.

3. Following the above text, there seems to be text showing "What's going on" with your company. I'm expecting when I come to your website to read why I should be here. But instead, you're making me read the following:

Ok ... great. So that tells me I should use your company because....?

I really believe this is content that belongs elsewhere. If it's necessary info for us, maybe put it in the footer? I dunno.

4. I'm a little confused on the "Customer Login." I thought you do web design? Why would your customers log in?

5. If you're up to it, I think a blog or forum would be an excellent addition to your website. Showcase people your knowledge. Make your website dynamic and interactive. Also, maybe add a link for "Web design tips." Show them you know what you're talking about.

6. The logo is a bit weak. I'm not really seeing your company brand or image.

Just some thoughts to think about. Overall I think your site is well done, but it does look a little like a stock template.

Best of luck,

4. kathyper

kathyper New Member

Everything is clear and user friendly at your site. Why don't you make the link to your portfolio more visible? I think it'll attract more clients to your site

5. unibul

unibul New Member

The site looks alright but I would consider replacing the images with something more original.