1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites review my new social website please

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by mr tattoo connection, Feb 11, 2010.

1. just lookin for some feedback, on what could make the site better
    Tattoo Connection

here: tattooconnection.us/

2. discussourfuture

discussourfuture New Member

I have to say this over and over again: I have no affinity with the subject. That's what also makes it nice to review websites here, because I see all kinds of wonderful websites. And sometimes they attract the attention. You have a wonderful wesite, which, as far as I understand, serves as a sort of social network? If yes, than perfectly done. The only thing you should do in my opinion is change the lettertype and the size of it, and I am not too fond of the lightblue you use as subheaders in your left column.

Again, very nicely made with lots of opportunities without getting overwhelmed :)

All the best,

Bram

3. WIPS10

WIPS10 New Member

Really cool website! First thing I will point out though is your actual toolbar at the top that has all of your pages. I noticed that you have everything capitalized except for "games" and "tattoo news." For me, that shows that you don't think those two pages are that important. I'm an English Major so I pick up on that kind of stuff, and that would probably be my main suggestion is to capitalize those two headings. Other than that it really is a nice website, it's got a nice look without being too overwhelming. It has plenty of info just for your everyday tattoo enthusiest. Rock on, man. Great job!

4. emilybaileys

emilybaileys New Member

Is there a way to make your header a bit larger? It might stand out a bit more if you have some sort of "splash page" when you first pull up your site. You could include your graphics on that splash page as well. And I'd have to agree with the capitalization issue mentioned above. Once it's pointed out, it is pretty distracting.

Very cool site.

5. thank you guys for your input :D

6. ignitionwebs

ignitionwebs New Member

Your site looks very cool. It has all the aspects for a social networking site. The actual layout itself is very good, especially on the homepage. Its very neat and organized. The games page is nice, except for one problem, it changes width when you go on that page from another one. You might want to consider fixing the width on that, other then that I see no obvious errors. Nice site!

7. LibertyisFree

LibertyisFree New Member

Very Nice

Everyone has their own taste when it comes to aesthetics and the such... As a website designer and development tech., I tend to be more strict when it comes to the navigational elements. To me, when you enter a website's landing page it should be easy to find your way around and see what the site has to offer, i.e., the purpose of the site. Your website passed this test with flying colors.
    If there is one thing that I would suggest changing, it would be the size of the font on your menu. It is pretty small, and there appears to be sufficient room to accommodate a larger font size.
    From an SEO perspective the site is doing very well. It is thoroughly indexed and has been assigned a PR1!

Great Job!

8. Beatrice

Beatrice New Member

Hello

I also like your site, it looks really cool, love the 'shady' black colour on the background..something I noticed in the main top navigation - there are 'supplies' rightat the end - not sure why it's in lower case? To me it looks like a mistake as I can't think of a reason why it's not capitalised like the others in the row..

Also here on this page:
    Tattoo Connection directory

in the FAQ section - the beginnings of all the sentences in the first question and answers are again in lower case (this is not the case in the second question), I think it should all again be capitalised.

Also, you could add a couple of more questions as it looks a bit short at the moment or maybe unfinished?

Well done!
    Beatrice

9. WebsiteNewbie

WebsiteNewbie New Member

Very slick looking website - different feel from the other social network sites for sure.

Like Libertyisfree mentioned, I felt the menu choices font size was a tad small.

Might be a weird question to ask but is there a reason behind the order of which options are listed on the horizontal menu?
    Might not be a big issue, but I just would have thought 'Members', 'Photos' etc would have come before 'Games'

Otherwise, the site overall has a great look

10. Menu

Actually I was just thinking about moving that the other day. When I first made the site I thought the games were going to be a big part of the site.

And thank you for your feedback ;)

Chad