1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Removing a background image

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by knottyolly, Mar 10, 2013.

1. knottyolly

knottyolly New Member

Hi!

I've downloaded this template and I'd like to remove the background image. (The image doesn't appear in the preview, but in my editor the index page looks like this). I would like to make it so that it looks more like the preview, with the grey bar of text underneath the menu, but I can't find any reference to the file name of the image in the code. How can I do this?

Thanks!

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I'm not too sure about what you're asking.
    I haven't downloaded this template as yet but by looking at the preview the grey bar pic is "middle-bar2.jpg" and the background pic "bg-featured.jpg". Both would be in the image folder.
    If this is of no help then perhaps you could re-post and clarify your question.

Cheers
    CP

3. Anderson Law

Anderson Law New Member

If by background you have in mind women on the bike, then here is the source of template's background:

#adbox {
    1. background: url(../images/bg-featured.jpg) no-repeat center;​
    2. height: 438px;​
    3. margin: 0 auto;​
    4. padding: 30px 0;​
    }
    As CovertPea mentioned, try to delete bg-featured.jpg file which is located /images/ folder. Or simply replace it to anything you like.

4. jyothireddy

jyothireddy New Member

In Css :
    Remove

backgrount-image: url(../images/image-name.jpg)

By this the background image will be removed

5. Andrew paul

Andrew paul New Member

You can remove your image background via BACKGROUND BURNER software. It is really working.You just try it.