1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites real free stuff for all~please review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by sunnee, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunnee

sunnee New Member

http://realfreestuffforall.com/index.htm

I would love to see this site reviewed. I asked at another site if they'd do this, only to find out it was a fake review site and now they don't exist. My site offers giveaways, contests, freebies for all along with rebates, coupons, resources, deals, friendship and so much more. Guests are able to view the majority of the site without registration.
    :(

Thankyou!:D

2. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Is anyone able to review my site? Or just let me know what you think???

Thankyou!

3. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Sorry, I don't mean to be pushy, but this is my first site of actually owning it and wondering what someone thinks, please let me know.

Thank you!

4. WeLoveCosmetics

WeLoveCosmetics New Member

hey i think its great! love it

to say its your first site i think you have done superb

i think i may have a good browse!

5. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Thank you WeLoveCosmetics! You're much kinder than the person who reviewed my site at a different web review site. I've changed alot however since then, a few months ago. I am really enjoying the ongoing creation of my site. It's fun and I love to help eveyone out.

Thanks again and hope to see you around!

sunnee!

6. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

7. WeLoveCosmetics

WeLoveCosmetics New Member

hey

hey sunnee

yes some people can be really cruel!

big difference between been honest and just been mean

8. hostdaddy

hostdaddy New Member

Excellent site! I really like the idea of user submitted content; you have a great ideas!

9. CovertPea

Hey Sunnee,

I mentioned a while back that your site had some weird double layer thing going on. Just checked it out again - this time in IE and it's normal.
    Problem is still there with Firefox.
    (as FF is so popular now, you may need to remedy this)

Cheers
    CP

10. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

You have about 159 validation warnings which could be automatically corrected with HTML Tidy (http://infohound.net/tidy/) or manually corrected with CSE HTML Validator (http://www.htmlvalidator.com/lite/).
    These are free and should be added to your collection of needed free software.
    You can check how your site looks in different browsers with browser shots (http://browsershots.org/) it is online and free
    hope this helps
    falcon

11. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Thank you for letting me know, what do you suggest I do? I noticed it in alexa screenshot, but don't see it myself. Guess I will ask our forumotion host what to do. I had no idea, so I appreciate your help!

sunnee~

12. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Thank you!

13. CovertPea

Here's what I get in FF.

14. sunnee

sunnee New Member

15. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Is this safe to use to clean up my site? I am a little wary and don't want to mess up my site. I am unsure where to put the codes, I know in my admin. panel, but its scary.

thanks again!

16. navyfalcon

All and any changes are safe if you save the original in a folder so you can undo any changes by reloading the original
    You can use Core FTP lite (do a google search), a free drag and drop ftp for fast changes and they can be checked in browser shots to see if the correction works.
    As for double pages, you loaded a page on top of another page.
    You can use AlleyCode HTML Editor (a free HTML, CSS editor) to change the pages and see the display (the reason I mentioned AlleyCode is it has good help files and a support forum, and it is free). If the page looks ok on your computer and not on the internet, check case (upper or lower) of your text or commands. The internet is case sensitive, so if it is lower case and should be upper case (or vice versa) it won't display correctly. Sometimes validation errors cause problems in different browsers. Firefox and Internet Exployer display differently, so you may need to apply corrections (called work arounds) for CSS.
    hope this helps
    falcon

17. navyfalcon

Try using HTML Tidy online
    http://infohound.net/tidy/
    It will automatically correct those validation warnings
    Makes it easy to correct so you don't waste too much time
    save a copy of the page and make the changes
    then check the results
    if it doesn't do what you want, go back to the original (you saved)
    then if necessary, check the corrected copy (which you save)
    and correct the original line by line (copying from the corrected page) and check if it causes a problem
    this way you can find the area which causes any problems (and learn something in the process).
    After correcting the page - go to website review forums (ones that allow signatures - your website address) and review other websites. This helps you get ideas to improve your own website. Also it helps you get pagerank (backlinks from the signatures) and improve traffic.
    You may also want to put a less pronounced menu on the bottom just for convenience so the visitor does not always go to the top
    also a good area to display Google ads (you are allowed 3 per page)
    hope this helps
    falcon

18. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Thanks everyone, I changed alot of things and hope my site is looking normal finally?

Is it possible for someone to post a recent screenshot for me?

19. emilypal

emilypal New Member

I like your funny logo but I don't like the font you've used for your menu buttons and for your header. It's difficult to read. Everything else looks nice to me

20. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Thanks for your input emilypad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.