1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Problem with template I downloaded

Discussion in 'General' started by tobacco_slammers, Mar 29, 2008.

1. tobacco_slammers

tobacco_slammers New Member

Hi everyone. This is a great little site for anyone starting out in the web design industry.

I'm creating a small website as a project for college and seen as i've never actually tried it before I thought i'd use a template to create a very basic one just to learn the process.

I recently downloaded the "night club 2" template from the site but i'm having a bit of bother using it.

Firstly, I'm using Dreamweaver 8 for the site. I also have access to Photoshop but I mainly do any design work in Fireworks 8 so i'm not familiar with the workings of Photoshop, although they seem pretty similar.

Here is a list of the tasks that i've managed to do so far:

1. Downloaded the zip file from this site.
    2. Extracted the contents to a folder I created on one of my hard drives.
    3. Opened up Dreamweaver and used the Site Manager to create a new site from the folder with the template contents.

When I open the "index.html" file from this folder, the template appears but the images are missing. From what I can make out, there are broken image markers where these images should be but there is nothing where the dj image should be.

When I preview the page in both I.E. and Firefox these images are missing. The four images that should be on the bottom right of the template in the photos area are repaced with hyperlinks. The image that should be under the welcome text is simply replaced with a box containing the text "photo 1" and no hyperlink.

The content, logo, header, footer, menu, middle and middle 2 images are also missing.

All that appears on the browser is basically a black page with text and links.

I'm guessing that it's something i've done in the process leading up to this stage so if anyone could tell me where I went wrong or possibly try and solve this issue I would be most grateful.

If there's anything else I need to explain then feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

2. tobacco_slammers

tobacco_slammers New Member

Solved

I didn't create an "images" folder when I managed the site so the source link was wrong.

I simply created an "images" folder within the site folder and this solved the problem.