1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General please some one help

Discussion in 'General' started by James., Jun 19, 2006.

1. James.

James. New Member

ok i got this template

https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/template23

and i dont realy under stand it all so i downloaded it and i filled in the gaps on this

im trying to put this into freewebs and it wont work why? and what other site can i use to make it work

2. James.

James. New Member

ok now i useed namo web editor and the backgroud is only coming up + where do i add text for liek the boxed if they appear

3. James.

James. New Member

arrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrrarrrrr please anyone help

4. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

Looks like you have just opend the CSS page. Go back to your dowloaded file and look for another page, should be called index.htm

Open that with a text editor, and add your wording in there.
    The page you opend is just for the layout of the site not the actual content.

5. James.

James. New Member

no thsi si what i get

and its just writing no tempalte

6. James.

James. New Member

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

where do i put the images im so confsued what do i do when i got the zip file iv uploded the iamges now what arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

7. James.

James. New Member

pl someone help iv been waiting days

8. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

you should not have to edit anything to do with the images. I advice you to start all over again from scratch.

Open the folder with the site then open the .htm page (not CSS)
    then edit your wording from there. Then all you have to do is upload the entire folder with the website/images/css onto your webspace and it will work.

If your using FTP thsts easily done but if your using a free service then you may have to upload the files 1 at a time. Start with the 1st folder 1st then put everything inside of that ect.

For more help post on http://www.freetemplates.mercness.net/forum/

9. James.

James. New Member

i see i will try that

10. James.

James. New Member

11. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

12. vert

vert New Member

Look, the images get put into a seprete folder

So basically you have for example:

Index.html
    Roster.html
    Style.css

Plus whatever other pages you have, then create a images folder, add all your images you downloaded for the template into this images folder

And boom, it should be uploaded to whatever you are using .. Like freewebs.

If you are to edit the writting etc i sugest you use Dreamweaver or Frontpage

And for your image problems make sure if you have edited them they have to be the exact name as they were when you downloaded them

Sorry if there is spelling mistakes bit late for me :)

Greats. Jay

13. Rnbvibez1

Rnbvibez1 New Member

on your editing program do you have a design view becoz with dreamweaver or frontpage you have design and coding you could simply add your stuff in design its that simple