1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Please review to advise which is better

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by webhobbiest, Nov 4, 2006.

1. webhobbiest

webhobbiest New Member

2. nadavraj

nadavraj New Member

first of all i cant understand why you have such a long domain name...
    and i think no.2 is much better :)

3. webhobbiest

webhobbiest New Member

My thought was to include the key words into the domain. I obviously did not know what I was doing during optimizing. The page does ok for fc flashes, but I have learned that this is the wrong way to optimize a url.

4. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

I like the layout of the first one better but think it needs a bit more work to clean it up a bit.

Also have the same layout for every page.

5. John80

John80 New Member

Dude...I hate the pictures of the players. Just spend more time on cutting them out of the photo...:)

6. 26xx002 Radio

26xx002 Radio New Member

I agree with that, pref the secong one myself

7. webhobbiest

webhobbiest New Member

Thanks for the comments. Perhaps you all can help me with the graphics if you like. As a hobbiest, I am always willing to accept help or suggestions on a better way of doing things. (short of mailing 500 cut out photos to whom ever visits the site.)

8. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

Use photoshop to clean up the photos, fairly easy to do.

9. lildjrich

lildjrich New Member

I agree..
    But to say what i think is best. I vote for 2!

10. moneyman_134

moneyman_134 New Member

The second one is much better. Kind of a long domain though...

11. bazz

bazz New Member

yeah deffo two for me too

12. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

I choose number two, you could use some better photos, and maybe a better banner, and remember to use the same lay-out for every page on the site!

13. Connor

Connor Moderator / Programmer

Two

This kinda swithes through both with no clues... sorry.

Okay I'm going to give my very honest opinion.... the first one has good colors but the layout and the link style sucks. The second one looks great but its to crampt and if your going to put different things into different sections and leave them in a table style layout... box them in with a border (like you did the NFL poll) - and seperate the "read more" from the paragraph... use the NFL poll styles for all the boxes and put the "read more" down in the area where it says "Opinion Poll from CWT".
    Also, you don't need to put Franklin Central Freshman Football or FC Flashes all over the page... a couple times will do you. A couple = two. As others have said... you need the same template for each page... don't switch use the same...
    I also noticed that you have no style sheet... which makes it harder for you to edit... you just enter the color into the table... thats not so good... easy... but not good. The width of your page is 100% that will turn some people off and away from your page... becouse you have edited the site to your screen resolution... so it may get to spaced out (like on mine) or to cluttered and couse horizontal scroll bars, and check your pronunciation (sp?) and spelling.
    "Game days, everyone stays for the game.

Weight lifting days, your son can take the 4:00 bus home during school."
    You also don't need an underscore (_) in the title of your page.

Hope I was helpfull...