1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites please review our website

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by lady2b, Feb 1, 2008.

1. lady2b

lady2b New Member

any comments that would increase the sales conversion rates

thanx

2. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Hi lady2b,
    I would gladly review your site but it seems you’ve forgotten to place a link to your site in your post :confused:

3. lady2b

lady2b New Member

4. emilypal

emilypal New Member

I personally prefer to see a real person and not a dummy wearing the things I’d like to purchase.
    One more thing to consider. Think of your potential clients. As far as I understand your potential customers are women. Don’t forget that women like something bright, unusual, elegant, and so on. So, your site should correspond to all these criteria’s. Usually women should like the shop in order to make their shopping there. So, a nice looking web site with useful goods will be more profitable than an ordinary web site with useful goods.
    I believe it would be great if you make a more remarkable header and homepage in general. There should be something special about it so it could catch the attention of your potential clients at once. What do you think about adding some colorful pictures or graphics?
    Persuade some popular sites to link to your online shop. So you could have more visitors
    I believe your site would have better rankings if your site name will be maximally relevant to your site’s products.

5. Linx

Linx Member

Hi lady2b!
    Excellent work! Your site is so impressive, welcoming and friendly. Everything is so harmoniously and professionally combined, the ads blend well with the general layout and color pattern. The header and icons are also attractive!
    I'm sure your visitors (mostly girls) will definitely like it!

But I came across a couple of small GUI issues:
    In IE7 the 'Go' button in the Search block is slightly displaced according to the search field, but in FF it is positioned under the search field.
    One more point. I tried to find the About us section and failed. Do you have it?

Anyway, great job!!
    Good Luck with you project!

6. Linx

Linx Member

One more thing should be mentioned... there is a problem with footer, it is displayed improperly, I believe.

Good luck

7. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

To me, your site appears to target younger women - but then again, I'm a guy and what do guys know when it comes to that ;)

I think emilypal made some very good points and you should really take those into consideration. Also, like Linx said, the bottom menu is too hard to read. Consider putting it over plain white space (I'm using FireFox web browser).

Some other thoughts:

1. The sentence at the top needs a period at the end of it: FREE delivery and no questions asked money back guarantee

2. I don't like the following:
    "Look beautiful. Get noticed. Feel special with stylish hair accessories, fashion accessories and fashion jewellery. FREE delivery and no questions asked money back guarantee"

As a marketer, you need to sell the benefits of what you're selling. Sell the sizzle, not the steak. Look beautiful doesn't invoke the reader's imagination, nor does "Get noticed."

Those are what they want, but tell it to them in a way that gets them excited. Maybe say, "Feel like a celebrity and watch people's head's turn. Get people talking and change your look often."

Something like that. Sell the emotion.

3. The text is WAY too small. Most people will read your headers and skip most of your text. Consider making the text larger or adding benefit descriptions into your headers.

4. The credit card images at the bottom are of low quality. Remember, you're not some fly-by-night operation. Consider upgrading the image quality. Would a billionaire (i.e. successful business owner) running a website settle for low quality images?

5. Add some links in your text area. As they're reading, let them click when they come to something they might be interested it. Otherwise, they might forget and when done reading they may click off your site.

You might want to check out my blog. I write about marketing, web development, and thinking like an entrepreneur.

Anyway, good luck and I wish you all the success in the world.