1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy photography logo ideas

Discussion in 'Archived' started by soymoses, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soymoses

soymoses New Member

GG. I have looked through all the fonts that I have access to. I just, either do not have the creative mind for this or I don't have access to the right font. I am going to look at font images on the net and see what I can find. I am trying though. Thx.

2. GG

GG Active Member

How is this?

AMIF_logo-2.jpg

3. soymoses

soymoses New Member

GG, we are so close. This is better but... I found this web site with fonts. In here under the handwriting style I found these 4. Not sure if possible but can we try them and maybe I can stop being so difficult

Cheyenne Hand
    Hoffman Hand
    Irizumi
    Red star

Not sure what you think of these as I value your opinion greatly.

SF Foxboro Script Font - 1001 Free Fonts

4. soymoses

soymoses New Member

GG, another that may go ok is worsrveld sling extra. I hope we can find something that goes with the photography. Thx again.

Sorry to be a big pain. We are so close and I will be indebted.

Soymoses

5. GG

GG Active Member

ahh now I get what you want. I havn't used any of those fonts but how are these?

AMIF_logo-2(dif_fonts).jpg

6. soymoses

soymoses New Member

GG. I think I like the second one.
    1. Can the letters be the same thickness as the photography?
    2. Can the by and Everett be closer together?
    3. Can we move the by everett to the right instead of centered?

Not sure what you think???

7. GG

GG Active Member

hmmm not sure about moving to the right. Also cannot slim the text as the actual font is at that thickness but gave it a go to show you how it looks....

AMIF_logo-3.jpg

Also could you please roam around the site and see where else you can help. Please don't stop to how much you have helped already.

Thanks

8. soymoses

soymoses New Member

I am actually still here at work. I will be checking around the site tonight and over the weekend to see where I can help. I really think this is a great site as there are so many of us creatively deprived people out there that can use the help.

I think the font should just be a little more similar to the photography. Howevere, I wonder what it would look like in the same font as a moment in focus just not as thick. Also can we see what it would look like just a little bit past the photography?

9. soymoses

soymoses New Member

I think the by Everett should have just a little bit more flare. Not too much but some.

10. soymoses

soymoses New Member

I see on my regular fonts one called viner hand ITC. What do you think. Do you have that one?

11. GG

GG Active Member

https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forum/56777-post43.html << The font used on this one is the same as the title.

and Yes I do here it is..

AMIF_logo-4.jpg

In my opinion I don't think a font like this would go with a photography logo also the 'by everett' kind of puts everything else out of place so I don't think making it extend past the 'Photography' will look any better.

If you remove that and just keep it as it is right now then I think it would be perfect for a photography logo. Simple, Stylish, Posh yet effective and eye-catching. You can mention 'by everett' in your site or name your photographs and put 'by Everett' at the end. E.g Misty clouds by Everett.

That just my opinion whether you take it in or not it's entirely up to you but I think that a photography logo should be simple and have that 'flare' to it with not too much going on. Visitors looking at your logo will have to read 'A moment in focus photography, by Everett' It sounds more like a tittle of a book rather than the name of a business.

12. soymoses

soymoses New Member

I do appreciate your opinion. Can we try 3 more and I think I can make a decision.

1. Can we put the photography in the same font as Everett on the last one and center by Everett?
    2. Can I see this without the photography by Everett?
    3. Can I see photography in the same font as the by Everett and by Everett off to the side but not quite to the end of photography?

I am going to try and decide then. I really like what we are doing and think we are almost done.

Thanks

13. soymoses

soymoses New Member

Last but not least can we take off just by Everett. I just showed the wife and I think we have this whipped.

Thx

14. soymoses

soymoses New Member

I promise this is the last one. Can we take the photography by everett that cynthia used (all on 1 line) (same font as she used) and see how that works? I promise I will finalize this then.

Thank you so much. We are so excited. (I am sure that you are not so excited as I am a pain in the neck or ^%#^.)

I will owe for a long time I am sure.

Soymoses

15. GG

GG Active Member

I honestly think you should stay clear from the Viner Hand ITC. It's more of a paranormal text and band text and just doesn't go with a photography logo. I did try the other 2.

Here they are...

AMIF_logo-5.jpg

Let me know what you think

16. soymoses

soymoses New Member

Hello GG,

We have a winner!!!

The one with just the Photography.

This is so awesome. I was just reading through another entry here and some information that I had not thought of while finishing this.

1. I am going to use this on my website.
    2. I am going to have Shirts made for embroidery
    3. I am going to use it as a watermark
    4. I am going to use it as a photo stamp
    5. It will be on my business cards
    6. It will be on my letterhead and envelopes.

(I guess I would need this also on transparent, black, and white back grounds as well).

Not sure what size this makes it to be but I am sure you will advise me on this also.

What is the next step?

Thank you very much for being patient with me.

Soymoses

17. GG

GG Active Member

Great! Glad I could help.

The format I have created it in will be ok so you can resize to whatever you like and it won't loose out in it's quality. I'll send you the files in .eps/.pdf/JPEG/PNG/GIF so incase you ever do need to use it for anything else then you can do.

I will send you the files to your e-mail that you have registered on this forum to in a short while with the correct files.

Thanks
    GG

18. GG

GG Active Member

I have sent you the files to your e-mail address. Please get back to me and let me know if you have recieved it so I can then close this thread.

Any problems, feel free to contact me via PM.

Thank you
    GG

19. soymoses

soymoses New Member

You are awesome. I am extremely excited and impressed with the new logo. It seems sureal that this is going to be my identity and it looks so cool. I just finished reviewing a website for Gidgeworld. I think you guys can help him with the home page some. thanks again and I will be around here as I like the forum and it is interesting chatting with you all. I will help out where I can. I am going to down load some photos at some point too. I dont know if it will help as I am not sure what kind of photos people need or could use. We will see. Thank you again and many blessings to you and everyone that shot some ideas my way. Talk with you soon.

Soymoses

20. GG

GG Active Member

No problem mate thanks for the offer and you can give any images really because I may need to use them for flyer designs and biz cards etc for my customers on my site so you never when they could be used. Could even be used as a background!

But glad to see that you are willing to carry on helping :) Thank you. Will speak soon mate.

I will now close this thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.