1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy photography logo ideas

Discussion in 'Archived' started by soymoses, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soymoses

soymoses New Member

Hello all you wonderfully smart and talented individuals,

I am looking for a logo that I can use for my photography web site. I am also going to want to use this to watermark photos and also to stamp my photos that get printed. I have been reading some of your threads and am rarely impressed with sites like this.... However, I have not seen one yet on here that was in poor taste and that is refreshing. Thank you for restoring my faith that there are decent individuals out there willing to help someone like me that is naive in graphic designing. I would appreciate your ideas very much.

My site is called "A Moment in Focus" Photography by Everett
    I mostly photograph "things". This can be anything from cracks in the sidewalk to someone sitting on a park bench staring into their go to place. Its that moment of focused unawareness that I like to capture.

I am open to all ideas. I am trying to stay away from the cheesy type logos but am being open minded to "the right idea" Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2. GG

GG Active Member

Hi

Just giving you a heads up whilst you are waiting for a reply feel free to roam around the forum and see where you can help out as it is a give and take forum so the more you give the better chances are of you having all our designers giving you some help.

GG

3. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

What do you mean by cheesy?

4. soymoses

soymoses New Member

What is cheesy?

I think what I mean by this is things that may appeal to the very young (children) crowd. Most of my photography is geared toward an artistic mind. I don't mean anything bad by cheesy, I am just looking for something maybe a little more upscale. I really appreciate your getting back to me. Have a wonderful day. I also looked around in the different forums to see if I could help anywhere. I will continue to do so until I can help too.

Thanks again,
    Soy Moses

5. soymoses

soymoses New Member

I have a question. I am not a graphics person. I did see on here where someone said that there are people that need an opinion on their logos or websites. I believe I can offer an opinion. How do I find those people to offer my opinion. I too would like to offer my help here as you have offered yours. Thanks for the information.

6. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

7. soymoses

soymoses New Member

Did I go about this the wrong way?? I am not getting any response on here. What should I have done differently? I went and gave reviews to others to try and help out. Help me out understanding this. Thank you.

8. GG

GG Active Member

Hey don't worry we havn't forgotton about your post. We do see that you have helped out and we are busy with other requests too and also as we are doing this in our free time it does take time for some requests to be comepleted.

We are always checking for those who help out and for those who don't so we will get around to doing your request when we are finished with others or find some time.

Also thank you for helping around the forum we hope to see more of your great reviews. Very detailed for the one that you gave. Keep it up :)

9. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Hi Soymoses, just to echo GG thanks for starting to help out around the forum.

Are there any designs you like that you could post, this would save lots of time and help us all to get a result asap for you.

Please don't stop helping out as every bit counts

10. soymoses

soymoses New Member

Hello Forest and GG

I wasnt really worried, I just wanted to make sure that I did not do something against your guidelines. I am all good now and patient.

I have literally looked at hundreds of logos. I just have not seen anything that pops out at me. I was very impressed with the studio 831 design that you all came up with. I had a few thoughts but am unsure because of the length of my business name.

A Moment in Focus
    Photography by Everett

I was thinking that the Photography by Everett would be very small.
    I thought the "O"s in Moment and Focus could be used somehow as lenses with one having an eye and the other having a subject of some sort. seems all very complicated to me. I also have to remember that I am going to use this to water mark everything and also stamp photos..

I have just struggled with this and thus I am turning to the creative minds for help.

If you need anything else from me, please let me know. Thanks again,

11. soymoses

soymoses New Member

12. soymoses

soymoses New Member

13. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Thanks for the posted samples. Should help our designers know in which style you're after.

I like the simplicity of the second one. The first one kinda looks sneaky or something LOL.
    Anyways, I'll add you to my list and have a play round as well.

Cheers
    CP

14. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Had you considered dropping "Photography by Everett" in the logo design as I am sure your name will show up in the site somewhere and why be like all the others out there.
    "A Moment in Focus" looks like and sounds like it does the job.
    Who knows you might become a giant like Nicon or Nike.

15. soymoses

soymoses New Member

Hello Ishkey,

I have tried to be as open minded as possible. I had thought about not having that on there and another thought was to keep it as a Name is sometimes easier to remember than a name of a business. Not sure what you think. I am however, open to any suggestions that come my way. Thanks for the idea though not sure.

16. ishkey

Everett I have done a lot of web sites over the years and before that worked with many a corporation, a name is what you make of it.
    If one is really good and has a passion for what they do, people will remember your name after they associate with you. I can Google Photography by Everett and find a hodge podge of related names around the world. Which would make it harder to promote the website to page one on the search engines. If I Google A Moment in Focus it zeros right in to your area, plus it would allow you a broader range of key words to search on.
    You will always be know as both and as time passes, you will see which way you will be known as, you can then adjust your website and marketing accordingly.
    Who knows you might be know as that spontaneous guy with a camera eye.

17. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

A few things to know before any of us can actually design something for you --

Do you have a preference when it comes to colors?
    What would you like the background to be? Black? White? Transparent?
    What resolution and size do you want it?

I believe there's a sticky note on what to include...check that out.

18. soymoses

soymoses New Member

Hello,

OK, I think for colors maybe to see where we can go with some black, greys and olive greens?????

I also thank you for the insight on the name. I agree. I can always put the Photography by Everett as a postamble as well. Also I like the spontaneous guy with the camera eye as something to work into my website. Thank you Ishkey and Cynthia. For a background I would need something in the transparent and also on white. On resolution I am not knowledgeable enough to know what I will need. Size I don't want it to big as I am going to use it as a stamp and watermark.

Thank you again,
    Soy Moses

19. ishkey

Was playing around with this before your last post.

Attached Files:

• am.png
      am.png
      File size:
      48.1 KB
      Views:
    • sample.png
      sample.png
      File size:
      187.2 KB
      Views:
  20. soymoses

soymoses New Member

Hello Ishkey,

I kinda like the idea here. I am not sure though. I think it may be a little large to stamp photos. Not sure. I also was thinking if in this here logo could the outside oval be a outline of a camera and maybe the lens be a little more defined to look more like a lens. (not shutter though) Too many shutters out there. I do kinda like the idea though. Anxious to see where this goes and what ideas the others have.

Regards,
    Soy Moses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.