1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design New to Templates

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by doug79, Apr 2, 2007.

1. doug79

doug79 New Member

I'm new when it comes to designing with templates. I have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me out.
    I started by downloading one of the templates from the website. I then opened it in Photoshop and saved it for the web. Everything seemed to be ok all the slices were already made for me.
    I then loaded the file into Microsoft FrontPage for the HTML editing.
    Where the text is it seemed to have saved it as a gif. file and I cannot edit the text. I don't know how. I've done some researching on how to do it and haven't been able to come up with any useful infomation to help me.
    I was also wondering if anyone can provide me with any useful sites for tutorials on slicing, creating, and editing templates using MicrosoftFront page and Photoshop CS

2. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

This problem happens a lot. With a template, if you are changing the images it is better to edit the jpegs in the images folder rather than to save for web with photoshop. I am not a big fan of that method anyhow considering you have little control over the sliced images. It is better to actually slice the template your self, save the images your self etc...I do understand however this isn't easy for a newbie. If you would like some help editing your template please let me know and I will PM you my email addy and you can send me your edited PSD and I will re-slice/code it for you.
    :)

3. doug79

doug79 New Member

Thanks for the help L-M-French.
    I would like to attempt doing some cutting myself first and see how that works. I figure if I just keep at it I'll figure it out eventually. It's just a little confusing at first. I'm used to just writing the html and css myself. I figured it would be alot easier and faster working with templates and editors, but it's more complicated than I thought.
    Thanks again for the help.