1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites new tattoo website with TV and chat

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by tattooconnection, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tattooconnection

tattooconnection New Member

hello people
    tattooconnection has just redone it's site and we would like you to
    have you take a look at it and let us know what you think.
    we have a toolbar available for dowloading with internet tv on it,
    how cool is that?

later
    chad

tattooconnection.net

2. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

Hello Chad. Very elegant and pretty site.

I typically look for 3 things in a website (which can be broken down even more from there):
    - appearance
    - simplicity
    - content

You definitely have the visual appeal down and the simplicity is there as well. I think you should consider centering the following page so that it's formated like the rest of your site: tattooconnection.net/book

Also, as a side note, I think the majority of people out there don't like websites they go to and the landing page is an ad or banner where you have to "click" to enter. They already clicked to enter, don't make them click again. People have attention spans online about as long as a rock floats in water.

The first time they visit it might be ok, but if they ever return to your site they will view that second click to enter your site as a waste of their time and it will be annoying.

I think you hit it pretty well with the appearance and simplicity, I did find, however, that your content might be in a little need of help. These are just thoughts . . .

1. First, I noticed a couple grammatical errors.

Seems like there were a lot of places where there is a . or , that looked like this, "This is a cool site.Please come back,we'd love to keep in touch."

Make sure there is a space between the . and ,

Same goes for the page: tattooconnection.net/book
    Make sure the numbers and . have a space between them. Also, the first few lines of text seem to be missing periods. This page also is missing a title.

On the home page in the two text boxes in the middle-left, every paragraph is indented except the first one in the second text box. Might want to consider formatting that to look the same as the others.

2. Remove all caps from your page's title. Instead of TATTOO CONNECTION HOME, rename it to The Tattoo Connection or Tattoo Connection. All caps kinda yell to people and is less inviting. Even better, consider making your title search engine friendly. What would you expect your target market to type in Google's search to find your site?

For example, if you think people would type in "network with other tattoo artists," then you might want to rename your title to, "Tattoo Connection - Network with other Tattoo Artists."

3. Website visitors ask themselves subconsciously these 5 questions - and you need to answer them within 20 to 30 seconds:
    - Why This?
    - Why Here?
    - Why Now?
    - Why You?
    - What's in it for me?

I didn't get that immediately from your site. If you don't answer most of these quickly, it doesn't matter how compelling your content is, they're going to click away.

Here's what I first read when I went to your site (note "which" is spelled wrong and there is a comma slice here - toolbar, wich. Consider removing the comma):

Ok this week we got a new toolbar,
    wich is really cool.It has a tattoo
    related chatroom and a radio with all
    the stations you could possibly ask for.
    Also it has a message section just for
    Tattoo enthusiasts.

That sounds great but doesn't answer any of those 5 questions I noted above. This sounds more for people who already know about your website and are into what you're doing. Maybe consider moving this text to another, "Already down with us" area.

Tell me in this first instant why I should be here and why you're the coolest tattoo place to visit online. ;)

Hope you find this helpful.
    I love the visual appearance of your site. It seems to be a social networking site. Maybe through some vids on there you find on YouTube or something.

Take care,

3. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Good quality graphics in your front page made a nice impression on me.
    I liked that you have explained the services you offer to your site visitors at your homepage.
    It seems your site contains such information which would be highly appreciated by tattoo artists. Good luck to your site!

4. Linx

Linx Member

I cannot but agree with eVentureBiz that clicking Enter once again is unnecessary.

In the text block "Welcome to Tattoo Connection" - the word "feel" in the last paragraph should be capitalized.

Speaking about your articles pages, I would prefer to resize the text fields and get rid of the second scroll bar. It's my personal opinion.

But in general, the site is well crafted and good organized, the design is eye-catching and the color pattern is very attractive.

Good luck!

5. tattooconnection

tattooconnection New Member

thank you

thank you all for your input and your complements, some changes are already on the way.

6. eVentureBiz

eVentureBiz New Member

No problem bro. It's a beautiful site!

7. thomasallen

thomasallen Banned

has the website gone offline as i cant see it online

8. Scottie

Scottie New Member

I Think This Website Is Amazing !!

You Give All The Relevant Info On The Homepage Saves Viewers Wasting Their Time Trying To Find It :) Also A Great Idea To Show Some Of Your Work On The Homepage It Shows The Viewers The Quality Of Your Work Instantly (And Your Work Is Awesome ;))

Great Website !!

9. iPlay

iPlay New Member

This website is currently down for me?

10. adams33

adams33 Banned

You definitely have the visual appeal down and the simplicity is there as well. I think you should consider centering the following page so that it's formated like the rest of your site

11. magical

magical New Member

I'm on aol and it came up as error. page unfound. Tried 3 times. Not much else I can say !

12. I can't find the site either but the comments eventurebiz posed were so on point. I have to copy them down and answer them in the context of my industry as I prepare to design my artist website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.