1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites New Colonial America Web Site

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by MidgardTree, Oct 5, 2009.

1. MidgardTree

MidgardTree New Member

Hi-

Some associates and I are attempting to create a website for all things Colonial; we've got several areas already implemented -- and a lot more planned -- & would be interested in knowing what we're doing wrong, what we're doing right, & what isn't done yet that should be done.

The site has been up for about a month, so it's pretty bare-bones -- 18 articles --and not all of the functionality is completed yet. Still, if anyone on this board wants to wander over to Colonial Sense dot com & take a look-see, you might find something that (eventually) may come to be a decent resource for Colonial material...

...and if you don't find anything of value to you now, check back in a bit; we're posting new material every 3-4 days...

Questions/comments/criticisms are all welcomed...

Thnx,

-Geoffrey

Post your website here to get other members to review your site. Please give a review for someone else before you ask for one.
    I guess people just ignore this... to promote their site.

2. bruceree

bruceree New Member

Was there a reason why you didn't use a free CMS like Wordpress? It will look a lot cleaner on the front-end, and in the back-end it will be a lot easier for you to update and maintain.

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I don't believe someone who has a signature of SEO Consultant could even say
    Code:
    why you didn't use a free CMS like Wordpress
    Wordpress is a multipurpose blogging software. Even Wordpress itself will try to explain the "hacks" you need to try to achive CMS status. You might have said Drupal and Joomla or Microsoft Content Server. Wordpress maybe evolving with it's pugins, and you can perfom several different tasks, but it still is a blogging software which is very popular.

4. MidgardTree

MidgardTree New Member

Ishkey-

>Post your website here to get other members to review your site. Please give a review for someone else before you ask for one.
    I guess people just ignore this... to promote their site.

I'm not looking for a review, nor for promotion; the site's not complete nor functional enough for that yet. What I _was_ seeking was some simple feedback on whether people thought what we've done so far was good, useful, stupid, ugly, whatever. Or, as I said in my post "what we're doing wrong, what we're doing right, & what isn't done yet that should be done." I didn't equate a request for comments to be a request for a review. My bad.

Buceree--I'm old-school & like rolling my own. More effort involved, but it gives me complete control over every aspect of the site. Perhaps not the most efficient way to work, but I find it rewarding...

-Midgard