1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites My Music site

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by simonlarkin, Feb 15, 2011.

1. simonlarkin

simonlarkin New Member

ishkey, you are a dude. Can't thank you enough for your time and effort.

jpeg is now loaded and line spacing altered.

2. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Nice work chaps

3. GG

GG Active Member

I see you've sorted the white block you had too. Looking good. ;)

4. colinc86

colinc86 New Member

really good website, background is awesome

5. rupanjan

rupanjan New Member

am not technical

honestly am not a technical guy,
    but i fallen love of those musics
    nicely composed

only i can say wonderful

Thanx
    Rupanjan:)

6. simonlarkin

simonlarkin New Member

Thank you very much.I guess the site can look as good as it can but if no one likes the music, then there is no point whatsoever, so that was really good to hear.

7. Looked briefly at your site, and though it's not really a site that would appeal to me (content) cos it's just not one of my interests, I would like to comment about the layout - this is just my opinion of course!

Love the background...
    Think the content/ columns need to be more spaced out.
    Careful of too much text, i think can be a bit off-putting... maybe more visual and a headline so it's clear which bit you want to read or maybe of interest.
    I don't knoe how, but my antivirus software comes up with a warning when your site comes up 'this website is suspicious'.

I hope these comments may be of use to you.

8. liesauk

liesauk Member

Hi Site is brilliant!!

I loved the navigation and the colours are just lovely. I would say though that your first page wording is slightly out grammatically, so if you would like me to mention a few things I will. I do understand though, if you are content with it.. it looks fab!

liesa
    xx

9. simonlarkin

simonlarkin New Member

Mention away Liesa, I take no offence. What I have tried to do is keep the dialogue friendly and it is how I would talk, as I want to keep things fairly intimate. I hate the 3rd person biogs. Mind you every time I read it I find another spelling mistake etc.

Thanks for the kind words.

Simon

10. liesauk

liesauk Member

Simon I have took your monologue on the first page that continues if you click read more and have just tidied up the spelling mistakes and the slight overuse of 'I'. I hope you do well Simon it's a lovely site and it sounds very interesting, Good Luck!

I've been called a lot of things in my time, not all of them can be mentioned here as I do not want to offend, but who or what am I? A musician, a songwriter, a producer, re-mixer??? The list goes on, I guess I am all of those things but most importantly a lover of music.
    It all began at the age of 7, when my mother bought me a classical acoustic guitar and lessons for my birthday. From that good musical grounding I moved on and in my teens switched to playing bass. Why? That's a good question, bass suited me better and gave me freedom that I never felt playing guitar.
    Local bands, a couple of tracks on a few very obscure compilation albums etc etc. But it wasn't enough to keep my hunger satisfied. So the move from my home town of Glasgow to the bright lights of London was my next decision.
    It was there that I joined up with rock band Monterrey, they were exciting times with a thriving rock scene. We were amongst those on the top of the pile, with certain success and playing support gigs with the likes of Guns & Roses, Faith no More, Skid Row and Cutting Crew, to name but a few.
    Headline gigs at the famous Marquee club as well as Camden Palace and the Hippodrome, all intertwined with nationwide tours, added up to one hell of an experience.
    There followed a period of session playing for various production companies and some large. well known recording studios, but the music scene was changing.............
    I decided to have a break and moved out of London and concentrate on making music just for the sake of it.
    It was at this point that I discovered computers and digital music opening up a whole new world of sound and possibilities. Synths and midi had not played much of a role in my musical career up to this point but now I was hooked.
    The next few years were spent playing around with genres, sounds etc., searching for a sound that I felt was me. I want to combine all of those rock and funk elements, that I had spent so many years honing, with electronic and digital sounds.
    So now to 2011 and my signing with Omerta records. With the successful release of Alpha Duo's 'Beautiful Dream' at the end of 2010, which included my chill out remix, I am looking forward to a good year. Work is nearly completed on my own artists release, plus more remixes in the pipeline. I will be posting some pre release tracks on my music page and keeping you up to date with all that’s happening.
    This will be an ever evolving, 'mission in sound', so keep listening and grow along with me.

11. simonlarkin

simonlarkin New Member

Thanks for your help Liesa. I have pasted your version to a text doc and as soon as the kids give me 5 mins to sort out the little bits of html it will be up on the site with a thank you.

Simon