1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

My first Blog!! :D

Discussion in 'General' started by GG, Apr 23, 2010.

1. GG

GG Active Member

Hey everyone,

Just made my blog after I figured out after months that I can actually use it from my web host :rolleyes:

Anyways, I want to know what you think about my article.

Here's the link to it: Genuine Graphics Blog Blog Archive What makes a quality Logo?

Please be honest because i'm hoping to expand this now so if I get a positive feedback from it then I know that I can create other articles too :) So basically this is like a test run type of thing...(if that makes sense)

Anyways let me know what you people :)

Thanks in advance

2. danelsmith

danelsmith Banned

Nice blog thanks for sharing:)

3. GG

GG Active Member

Thanks :) just the beggining of it, i'm hoping to write more articles i'm half way through another so will update you all on that :)

4. atulhost

atulhost New Member

Hey there, as a beginer you did a great Job and I would like to suggest you that if you made your blog dofollow one you can gain more visitors to read and comment on your post.

Good luck!!!

5. GG

GG Active Member

Not quite sure of this 'dofollow' thing but is it where I can comment on another blog and then add a link to mine so visitors can see mine too?

6. GG

GG Active Member

7. atulhost

atulhost New Member

Yes I agree that visitors can see your link but it is not crawled by search engine spyders if it is a no follow, you can identify it by viewing page source.

8. Drayton

Drayton New Member

From the perspective of someone who knows next to nothing about logo design, both articles were very informative. Everyone has different tastes so it seems it would be a crapshoot that a logo request with very little guidelines put into it would produce something the requestor would like without many alterations and escalating costs. If I dont know what I want, it would seem difficult for you to know. Is that common?

9. GG

GG Active Member

Well you see you gotta provide information to the designer of what you want because they cannot guess what you're looking for. But by telling them the field that you are in then it will give them a little hint of what the logo would look like. That's if they've had enough experience from creating logos in that field.

I just recently got an enquiry on my site the other say from a DJ and all he said was 'I am a DJ and need a logo for my services' :O and that's all I got. So I thought ok as my duty I must give a good customer service so I replied back and mentioned the price and what they would like and example, so once I mentioned the price then he didn't reply :s and then on top he wanted it for free to which I thought was just pointless seeing as though he requested it from graphic design business....

The reason why I emphasied on the point of giving a detailed brief is that IF a designer charges per hour then they will charge you more because if you don't give a good enough brief they might get the wrong idea so once they send it to you, then you will not like it so they'll start again so as soon as they start there charge begins and they won't tell you that because it's bringing them more money.

So that will cost you more, and if you don't know what you want then we can't really read their minds and say oh that's what they'de like.

For example, if you look on other parts of this forum we have a post to help the requesters to get the design that they want because it has a set of questions for the user to answer so that will help us know what to do.

10. yashepe

yashepe New Member

i understand how first things matters to anyone, and three cheers from myside.