1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

More pages per template

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ParanoidE, Sep 13, 2009.

1. ParanoidE

ParanoidE New Member

It would be awesome more pages per template, even thought yes, less time for making more templates, more pages per template lets newbies like me to use templates more adequately, so we all can benefit of how templates could be used. For example: in the book store template, it'd be nice to see another page of it with two columns (menu and book description), because I do not know (I'm just a php coder, but nothing of a designer) how to modify the css to find the right value to adjust or make it look better, write some text without breaking the template on the right side (I have no taste for art design).

Thanks in advance :)

PS: English is not my native language.
    PS2: Sorry if I'm posting in a dead thread.

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

We will try to add more pages when we add new website templates.
    We might even update all the old templates to have multi pages, if we can find the free time for it.

PS: English is not my native language either and it's not a problem on this forum.
    PS2: I moved your post to a new thread.

3. ParanoidE

ParanoidE New Member

Thanks Mimoun for your reply. :)

Also, what editor do you use for modifying the templates? I mean, I tried to open the "Bookstore template" in Dreamweaver MX 2004 and it looked screwed :p, it was nice in the Firefox browser, but looked crazy in the editor... Thanks hehe :eek:

4. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Dreamweaver MX 2004 doesn’t support CSS in design mode.
    If you want to use design mode you need your wysiwyg editor to support CSS in design mode.
    Dreamweaver CS3 and CS4 support CSS in design mode.

However we never make any of the website templates in design mode it’s all done in code mode.
    If you use design mode to make a website you get code bloating ( big, slow and inflexible code ).

If you use code mode in Dreamweaver MX 2004 the website templates will work fine, just look for the text you need to change delete it and add your own.

I use Coda for CSS coding it’s Mac OSX only and Dreamweaver CS4 (code mode) for HTML, because it has code folding.

You can use any HTML/CSS editor it doesn’t make much of difference when you have pre-made website templates to work with.

I recommend you use Kompozer it's free/open-source and some of the website templates I have tested look good even in design mode.