1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Loss of Sharpness with Font

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by ishkey, Aug 20, 2008.

1. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I created one graphic which at it's normal size looks ok, but when I reduce the size the font becomes dull. I set anti alias to smooth, Storke to 2.5, Miter limit to 1, in the large graphic. Using Paint Shop Pro X. Is there anything I can do to get the sharpness back so when I reduce it to a smaller size it still looks ok. or I'm I even on the right track?

Attached Files:

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Do you still have the original text in psp format?
    Unfortunately, PSP doesn't do a fantastic job of text in smaller sizes, especially when you have 'stroke' on.

I'd create the yellow text with 'vector' checked just using the fill, with the stroke on null.
    Go to Selections and make 'selection from vector' then modify the selection by increasing 2.5, add a new layer under the text and fill that selection with the red.
    For crispness it's best to always resize your text while it's still in vector.

Does that help at all Ishkey?

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Sure does help.
    I always save my files in psp incase i have to go back to mod.
    I'll give it a try.
    Thanks for the help CP.