1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ready Logo help

Discussion in 'Archived' started by rmorale, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmorale

rmorale Member

Okay, this is the logo I've inherited for a team I've started coaching. I really don't care for the colors or the International ball. Is it me or is this logo just not that appealing? To me it has to many different colors and looks really busy. If y'all think it looks fine I'll leave it alone.

upload_2014-3-15_19-29-17.png

Attached Files:

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

It does look kind of 'busy' and the colours look a tad washed out. With all those flag colours I'd say it would cost a fair bit to reproduce in print or a patch embroider.
    The bottom line though is the thoughts of the team playing under it, do they like it?

3. rmorale

rmorale Member

The players like it, but (there's always a but) because of some coaching moves we will be getting new kits. With new kits I thought a new design might be in order only because it costs so much to have it printed on jerseys and shirts and I never really thought it looked that great. Forget about getting anything stitched either. I thought it looks kind of dated and maybe a more modern look and no international ball would help.

I'm not very artistic so I was hoping more artistic people would let me know if it was just me.

4. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Honestly think there is way too much detail, unless the badge itself is large (on the kit) I doubt very much that you could even work out the flags etc

5. CovertPea

How about if the current globe is replaced with a simpler globe, like below?
    globe[1].jpg

Dawn and Ruthe like this.
  6. rmorale

rmorale Member

Wow! Thanks CovertPea that's awesome. Now I feel like a heel for not using the request questions. I was hoping to help out on the site some more before requesting a new logo.

I was going to stay on here to help out just because I like the way the site works. Now I promise to, just because y'all are so awesome. I usually lurk around here and I will help out when I can.

Dawn and Ruthe like this.
  7. Ruthe

Ruthe Community Manager

CP's awesome that way! :LOL: I've not seen her fail any logo "request", seriously.

Glad to know that! I'll be watching you...... :sneaky:

8. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

Great job CP! It does look much better with the simpler globe. :)

9. CovertPea

Aww, come back after dinner to all these compliments! Thanks peoples. :D
    Rmorales - If you don't mind waiting a day or so (I"m working tomorrow) I can re-do the whole crest for you with the new 'globe'.
    How about colours? Staying the same? Brighter?
    Will leave you for now to ponder this as I'm off to beddy-byes.

Cheers all
    CP

10. rmorale

rmorale Member

Well since I hate it when people can't/don't follow directions, I will fill out the request questions. I am in no hurry CovertPea we will be finishing up our season in April-May and won't start back up again until July. Let me fill out the questions, dang now I actually have to think.

Thank you so much.

11. rmorale

rmorale Member

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    INTERNATIONAL FUTBOL CLUB or just the letters IFC .

2) What is your website address?
    I’m currently working on it.

3) Description of your website or business:
    Youth soccer club

4) Search the Internet for any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?

upload_2014-3-17_20-34-56.jpeg fsc_logo_medium.jpg

I like how the team names are more clear and prominent on these badges and they’re simple with only a few colors. The green one is a little busy with the gray strips, but I like how the name stands out.

5) Requested size of your logo:
    It will be for both website use and printed on team jerseys.

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    Only what’s on the current logo.

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    Text and image.

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    I would like our Royal Blue color to be prominent somehow; I am open to any other accent colors.

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    I don’t hate any colors.

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Adults and kids

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    Attract new business of adults and children. Make the team name more prominent.

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    It will be used on our website and team jerseys. Possible bumper stickers

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    I would just like the logo to be less busy, more streamlined and more modern if possible. I'm okay with moving or leaving off the banner only because the Futbol and Club parts look uneven and it's harder to make patches.
    Whatever is easiest for you is okay with me though, I thought the continents was pretty cool. I feel silly trying to tell you how to do something you have way more talent than me.

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    No.

12. 1970Forest

I really must learn to check back on a thread before doing anything..lol...

Nice work Lady S, I had roughly the same thought, but slightly different.

Must say I have never liked the Everton scroll, the wording in it just doesn't look right (Just MOPO)

Oh well this is what I had;

world fotty.png

13. rmorale

rmorale Member

That world soccer ball is pretty cool, I like that. I don't like the scroll either

Thanks 1970Forest.

14. 1970Forest

This is how I see it....Thoughts?

W footy.png

rmorale and Dawn like this.
  15. rmorale

rmorale Member

I'm at work and using my phone, but from what I can make out that looks pretty dang awesome. When I get home and on my desktop I'll be able to get a better look.
    Thank you, 1970Forest

16. Ruthe

Ruthe Community Manager

now you're spoilt for choice eh rmorale? ;)

rmorale likes this.
  17. rmorale

rmorale Member

How do you guys/ladies do that! I would have never thought of something like that. That's pretty dang nice looking and you did it so quick. It's everything I said I liked simple, modern and few colors.
    Can the year be changed?

18. rmorale

rmorale Member

No kidding, now the pressure is on me to hold up my end.

19. Ruthe

Ruthe Community Manager

no pressure RM! just hang around and talk with us and we'll really appreciate it already! :LOL:

rmorale likes this.
  20. 1970Forest

Yes year can be changed (only put that in for an example)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.