1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Customization It's a mess :0(

Discussion in 'General' started by magical, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magical

magical New Member

I don't know what a HMTL code is.
    So glad I now know not to copy and paste, as I just qualified as a life coach, and would have done new page in word 1st !
    Thank you thank you thank you :)

2. tomw

tomw Member

I will try to finish updating your site today so don’t do anything yet. I will let you know when I’m done.

Notice that I have also changed the look of your site. When we finished we can ask the members here to review it to see what else is needed.

3. magical

magical New Member

Hi Tom, It looks amazing. Many many many thanks :0) Good idea to ask members to review it. One thing is that someone on here is doing the logo for me. We're still working on what to write were it says ' discovering you'. So she hasnt finished with it yet.
    Have a good day :0)

4. tomw

tomw Member

OK Cathy, I’m done. Please have your friends check out the site again and see if it is better now. Also, what do think of the new design? If you prefer the old one I can restore it. Perhaps this is a good time to post a request for a site review here.

5. magical

magical New Member

wow, thanks Tom. I love it. My 19 yr old son saw it and thinks it's great, we both agree it looks a lot more professional. I wonder if it needs the 'welcome to magical solutions at the top and if people will think there are too many butterflies. Before, most people liked them, one person said she got sick of all the butterflies. Review on here will definatly be welcomed. Before I ask for reviews, I am just going to wait till lady finishes with logo so we can put the final version on and maybe ask for her butterfly on it's own to put in the circle at the top. Can I be trusted to do that or shall I ask you to do it? Tom, I cant thank you enough. An amazing result. Massive thanks :)

6. tomw

tomw Member

I’m glad you and your son like it. I think the butterflies are ok but the moving ones are too distracted. We can use the non-moving ones and make them smaller to use as bullet items. The “Welcome to…” slogan probably is not needed since we have Cynthia’s logo at the same location. I will make those changes today.

7. magical

magical New Member

Hi Tom. I've asked Cynthia for the butterfly on it's own, so maybe it would look good just to use that here and there or just stick with the blue butterfly,rather than different ones. Bullet point butterflies sounds good. A friends suggested the stars on the logo being a strong bright yellow (they are a faint lilac behind the magical solution writting on logo). I thought it might be adding too many colours to the website. Just a thought - what if the background green was a pale yellow to blend with yellow stars? Any thoughts appreciated.
    It's 3.45 am, I'm just home and off to bed.
    Many thanks again,
    Cathy :0)

8. tomw

tomw Member

I’m done with your website for now. Just let me know of your final choice for your logo and the page layouts; for example color, font, and so on. Bear in mind that customization is somewhat limited as to what Office Live will provide. They are currently upgrading their services to Office 365 which they said will include more features but they will no longer free.

Good night :)

9. magical

magical New Member

Will do Tom, many many thanks. If you ever want a session, please let me know. It's all about give and take ! :)

10. tomw

tomw Member

I’m pleased that you are happy with the results. Even though I could use a session but being not close to each other will make it difficult as I’m having great difficulty of following the dialogue watching Harry Potter so calling you will not help :D

Somehow the British people lose their accent when they sing, like the Beatles :confused:

11. magical

magical New Member

Morning Tom, I trust you enjoyed Harry Potter !
    Offer of free session is also open to you Falcon, to thank you for your help.
    Would still be scratching my head without you both.
    Mega thanks :)

12. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Thank You
    but it is a long swim
    -
    Marketing can be a problem. Try putting local businesses in your webpage as advertisements and they pass out
    your fliers at their business, or put them so customers can get them. This sometimes works. The add doesn't have
    to be large, just reasonable and appropriate. Health food stores, drug stores, etc.
    -
    falcon
    (P.S. local businesses in the UK, not in the colonies.)

13. magical

magical New Member

Great idea Toms. Thanks, will look into it and give it a try :0)

14. tomw

tomw Member

I think you are thanking Falcon on this one :D

15. magical

magical New Member

oh yeh, lol Thanks Falcon :)
    Thanks for pointing it out Tom :)
    Have a fab day both of you :)

16. navyfalcon

We will help you with the site, including "Search Engine Optimization" (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM or internet marketing), and website promotion.
    -
    Is this a good forum or what
    -
    falcon

17. navyfalcon

I think I'll check with my daughter. She has a masters in psychology. Problem, she keeps trying to figure out why we did that. Have you watched "Lie to me" a program on micro expressions, they show when a persons is lying (body language) a very interesting program.
    -
    I'll have her check the website layout and information.
    Some things to consider:
    a link on facebook to your page.
    background color and items added to it
    a site links page
    (these items are from her)
    -
    falcon

18. tomw

tomw Member

A quote from Yahoo provided by CNBC on CareerCast.com’s 12 most overrated jobs:
    Do you really think Cathy needs to promote her website?

19. navyfalcon

Yes, she is not a Psychiatrist. To be a Psychiatrist you need a PHD in Psychiatry and pass a test to get a license. Then you have an internship before you are a licensed psychiatrist. I know, my daughter has a masters degree in Psychiatry and will probably go for her PHD. The money is good but the conditions are not always good. Most of the jobs here are with the prisons. The good ones are with the hospitals.
    -
    falcon

20. magical

magical New Member

Falcon this is a brilliant site, with brilliant people. Even if i've no idea what a SEO or SEM is, I can guess and it sounds great. I spent ages doing keywords, then when I tried doing searches with the keywords my website never came up :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.