1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Internet Explorer and FireFox

Discussion in 'General' started by playa, Mar 19, 2007.

1. playa

playa New Member

Hi can someone help me, I built a site and it works and shows good on Firefox, but when I view it on Internet Explorer it shows all out of place.

It looks good in the home page on both Firefox and Internet Explorer, but when u goto other pages its out of place..

Can someone help me????

http://mp4galore.net

2. playa

playa New Member

I got it to work guys...its working in firefox and IE

3. Connor

Connor Moderator / Programmer

Ah, but did you test it in Opera, Flock, and Netscape?

4. playa

playa New Member

good point !!! can anybody with opera, flock, and netscape test it and let me know how it looks thanks...

5. solemage

solemage New Member

looks fine in netscape

6. Connor

Connor Moderator / Programmer

Its okay in Opera... but your site is cluttered and not really organized.
    It liiks okay in Flock, but there is a pretty good size white space, at the bottom, from the iframe that you are using.

7. bohica032

bohica032 New Member

IE and FF at CSS

There is a problem between IE and FF, when it comes to CSS. Try this code in the <head> tag and make 2 css files. one for IE and other for FF.

Code:
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    browser_version= parseInt(navigator.appVersion);
    browser_type = navigator.appName;

if (browser_type == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && (browser_version >= 4)) {
    document.write("<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='css/main_IE.css' />");
    }

else {
    document.write("<link REL='stylesheet' HREF='css/main.css' TYPE='text/css' />");
    }
    // --></script>
    this has helped me a lot. It automatically detects if visitor is using IE or FF. or anythig other but IE. IE sucks.

Good Luck.

8. W3Daryl

W3Daryl New Member

I wouldn't bother testing it in Flock or Opera, however Apple has recently release a new beta build of Safari for Windows!! :)

9. W3Daryl

W3Daryl New Member

I wouldn't bother testing it in Flock or Opera, however Apple has recently released a new beta build of Safari for Windows!! :)