1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites I'd Be Grateful For Feedback On My New Site

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by dukestravels1972, Jan 17, 2012.

1. dukestravels1972

dukestravels1972 New Member

Hi all.

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my new site.

Band Merch

Some background info:
    Its a Wordpress site.

The site will be purely to push affiliate products through Commission Junction. No merchandise will be sold on the site.

I used a plugin that extracts products from my affiliate vendors and displays them within a post on my site. So far I have only done the Beatles stuff. I would really like some input on this as it will likely be the biggest variable on whether I get someone to click. Does it look professional?

Its close to being finished as far as general layout. It's taken about a week of playing around to get it looking right. The biggest time consumer was getting a theme that would show thumbnails on the front page, a real nightmare for me.

I'm really looking for feedback on the general look of the site. Things like color schemes, graphics etc. The content at bottom of home page is purely made up, I will be adding proper info here soon.

Any good or bad feedback appreciated.

2. Wanderer

Wanderer Member

Had a look over the site and think it's not bad, I'm certainly no expert lol.

Some of the things IMHO that can be improved would be the Nav bar (span the full width of the div). Home page seems to direct me to the Hot Products page? this is possibly because the site has not been completed. The Buy now buttons look good but I'm not keen on the white background.

I love the idea of the site and noticed a few products that Interest me :) might have to check them out further!! All the best with the site mate. SEO and things like that, I don't know enough about to comment, saying that I dont really know alot about web design yet either :)

Oh, one more thing... With the main content It's all held in a table right? I'm new to web design but have an understanding that Div's are the way forward? not totally sure and willing to be corrected.

Once again, good work and all the best with the site :)

3. Lopes_89

Lopes_89 New Member

Hi

Had a look at you site using an iPhone 4. Im not sure if this is meant to happen but for some reason the '70, 80, 90....' etc and the products are under on another. Is more than useable but obv isn't how you meant it to be.

Otherwise, I like it. Very clean and easy to use. Like your logo too.

Hope this helps.

Liam

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

<title>Band Merch</title>
    You may want to add some information to the title (Google allows 66 characters [including spaces]) that tells what you are
    -
    You may want to add a description (Google allows 150 characters)
    What Google says about title and description
    Google-friendly sites - Webmaster Tools Help

You have 4 errors and 143 warnings (validation)

You can use HTML Tidy for suggestions on corrections
    HTML Tidy Online
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

5. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

You have removed the errors. That is good
    Now you have 200 warnings that can be corrected automatically with HTML Tidy. They are minor and repetitive so easy fix.
    -
    falcon

6. Ashlie

Ashlie New Member

When you said it was a Band Merchandise site I was thinking liek band equipment and was surprised to find it was apparel and such. Easy to navigate and would appeal to a wide variety of customers. All in all I'd say its a good site!!