1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General I really need help!!

Discussion in 'General' started by NeedHelp!!, Oct 27, 2007.

1. NeedHelp!!

NeedHelp!! New Member

I am the real newbie i really have no clue and need help. I'll explain my exact situation with designing my website...

I bought the web hosting last night. I have Filezilla and i have the dj web template that i saw on the front page of this website. The file for the template is a zip file it has other files in it like images and stuff. I think i have managed to upload the zip file to my website with Filezilla but im not sure. And i certainly cant see the web template on my website. Do I have to do something else to actually see the web template on my website. Please please please can someone help me!! The website is for my Karaoke business and i have my first gig on wednesday and i want to get fliers printed with the web address on it. So i need some sort of website up and running by then.

Thanks you in advance.

2. Apokalupsis

Apokalupsis New Member

You need to "unzip" the file before you upload it. ;) Using winrar or winzip to do so (you can find these easily by googling).

Then, upload the extracted files to your server. You'll see the site then. You'll also be able to see the site on your own computer after you have extracted it. Just click on the "index.html" file.

3. t3-web

t3-web New Member

yap, that´s it... but you are going to edit the site or you´ll place him online like it is? if you need some help just let me know ;)

4. Apokalupsis

Apokalupsis New Member

The templates are used to create web sites. They have nothing to do with software.

Also, fyi, your link doesn't work nor does the signature link work.