1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General How to edit PSD Files?

Discussion in 'General' started by jordanlw, Sep 21, 2007.

1. jordanlw

jordanlw New Member

Hello,
    I downloaded the world of warcraft PSD template (photoshop) i need to know how to edit it? i normally use PHP so i dont have a clue all the links are going to be different and pictures

2. Psd files require photoshop.. You can install and it has many good features.

GoodLuck with editing files like logo etc. :)

3. jordanlw

jordanlw New Member

i know i have it, but its to hard how do i do it!!

4. You might wanna learn it first, go to some tutorials site and it will show you how edit images :)

5. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Using Photoshop really isn't that hard. I taught myself Photoshop in a matter of days. You open up your item and you will see the "layers" box open (or it should be...) over on the right side of the page. You simply select the layer you want to edit, whether it is the "logo" or the "header" or whatever, then you edit as necessary.... Let me know if you need help editing something. I might just edit it for you, that's why we're here ;)

6. jordanlw

jordanlw New Member

Yes i can use PS but not website editing, how do i edit the text it part of a image how do i edit the links etc...

7. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

You shouldn't have to do that in the image. It comes in the html there should be a file labled index.html and as long as you didn't edit the template in PS then click "save for web" (which is a HORRIBLE idea) then you should be able to change the text in the index.html easily either using a program such as FrontPage or Dreamweaver (if you don't have those there is a free one called NVU), or even notepad.

8. PrissiDe

PrissiDe New Member

My question is after you edit the template in photoshop how do you get the correct template to appear in dreamweaver? I have edited my template but now I can not get it to appear in dreamweaver. I have even tried slicing the template and then saving it as html in image ready, but then when I open that template up in dreamweaver the template is not longer centered and the background is gone????

Can someone please help me out....

Thank you

9. augsep14

augsep14 New Member

What if your trying to open the psd file in adobe photoshop and can't because it says you dont have enough RAM - ugh!
    Is there a way to just open the header and try to change that?

10. hotmailbuddy

hotmailbuddy New Member

here is the solution

i'll recomend you to use adobe photoshop and its online help to get detailed information about your problems
    Thanks