1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General How do I view my downloaded template on website?

Discussion in 'General' started by kkohlbacher, Feb 22, 2007.

1. kkohlbacher

kkohlbacher New Member

First off, let me say that this is a terrific website for people to share ideas and help creating websites for effectiveness.

That being said, I used to do web design about 4-5 years out of practice, so please excuse the 'new' question.

I have downloaded a template, I am using Dreamweaver to modify the design, uploaded the index.html file to my website and I get what looks like a completely unrelated page advertising this website. Upon further inspection, the HTML code in D.W. is unrelated to the design I downloaded, thus the site uploaded reflects this HTML code.

How would I go about viewing the template I downloaded?
    Am I uploading the correct file? I'm not familiar with CSS so perhaps I'm not uploading a correct file.

The template I downloaded is called 'Charity Trust' and the "wrong" page can be viewed here: http://www.athomepctech.com/index2.html

Thank you!!!

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

It's better to download the templates from our website that way you have the right urls in your code.

Redownload the templates

Or change this:
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" 
    href="../Torrents/78%20Amazing%20Website%20Ready%20Templates%20
    (Nice,%20CSS%20Unique%20Designs,%20Easy%20to%20Edit..)/
    Templates%200001-0087/WINNERS!!!/charitytrust/style.css"
     type="text/css" charset="utf-8" />
    To:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" charset="utf-8" />