1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design How do I add images to the template menu box?

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by tomslaptop, Jan 6, 2010.

1. tomslaptop

tomslaptop New Member

I've got a homepage I'm happy with but for the product pages I will need to add a bigger image and add a button for purchasing items. I'm using the template "callofduty2" and the website is: Welcome To Mugi Miso

I'm thinking it will probably involve changing the CSS script so I will wait for a reply.

Thanks, and looking forward to a fix so I can keep going here.

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

and you would be correct.
    The overall width is in the "container" Which you would need to enlarge.
    Code:
    #container {
    	margin: 0px auto;
    	text-align: left;
    	[COLOR="Red"]width: 860px;[/COLOR]
    }
    Next you have the "content"
    Code:
    #content{
    }
    #left{
    	[COLOR="#ff0000"]width:192px;[/COLOR]
    	float:left;
    }
    #middle{
    	margin-left:206px;
    	margin-right:196px;
    	[COLOR="#ff0000"]width:450px;[/COLOR]
    }
    #right{
    	[COLOR="#ff0000"]width:192px;[/COLOR]
    	float:right;
    }
    So depending on how large you want to increase the pics you would have to increase "#right" width and the "container" width by that same amount.
    Container is normally associated with viewing screen size and not many people view web pages at this setting. 1024 x 768 is about the lowest you may find people view your site.
    You could increase the container width to 996px and add 136px more to the right width for new setting of 332px.

Your pics are 75px x 70px so once you make the change in the css file you may see more than two per line depending on your code and should give you plenty of room for a BuyNow Button.

3. hammythomas

hammythomas New Member

Here are steps for add image to the template:
    1. Navigate To Images.

2. Select Upload to Open Dialogue Box.
    3. Browse and upload Image.
    4. Navigate to The listing Tab.
    Select New Listing.
    6. Scroll to the Picture.
    7. Save Listing and you done!

4. chithra

chithra New Member

Nice information. If you are using Microsoft FrontPage double click the image you want to change. In dialog that will appear afterwards select "General" tab. There will be input box with the image name and "Browse..." button to the right. Click it to browse to your image file.

5. sethcooper

sethcooper New Member

Good information here. I see you got everything worked out on your site. Looks good btw.