1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Help with Template

Discussion in 'General' started by phoenix39, Sep 27, 2007.

1. phoenix39

phoenix39 New Member

I've been making websites for nearly ten years, but I always worked with HTML. I am very new to templates and CSS and I am so lost. I'm making my website on 110MB.com.

I am this template from https://freewebsitetemplates.com. I created new images to fit the subject of my website and uploaded all the images to my host. Then I created a new file and named it mainpage.css and I pasted the CSS of my template in it and saved it. Now, whenever I try to view the page, I just get the raw CSS. What can I get it so that I can see the template?

Please help.

2. cyberquest

cyberquest New Member

did you ever figure this out ? you might try double checking all your file names and be sure they all match up with the orginal template. In other words, In creating "new" file names, the original code may not recognize those.. they all must be the same.

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Look in your index file... below is the orig code
    <head>
    <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    </head>
    Change it to
    <link href="mainpage.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    </head>