1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Tools Google Adsense Optimization

Discussion in 'Free Services' started by navyfalcon, Mar 10, 2012.

1. tomw

tomw Member

I think I will showcase your sites to get people interested to my CMS if it is ok with you. My first tutorial will be how to use my CMS to build a site and use your AVAutoElectric site as an example.

2. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

OK - hope it helps you
    falcon

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

NF thought you could use a new avatar to help promote your site here.
    and a favicon to put in the header of your website.
    Code:
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    looks like this ft.png only the zip has the proper extension.

freetutorials_dot_name.png <--avatar

Attached Files:

4. tomw

tomw Member

It’s nice to be a regular member and an active one for that. One benefit is you can get a logo without going through all those hoops and loops like reading ♦♦Graphic Requests MUST READ♦♦

As always, Mr. Ishkey you came up with a nice looking one. But Falcon got two sites, freetutorials.name and free-tutorial.name. Is there a way for a single logo to identify both sites?

This is how it looks in one of the pages.

5. ishkey

What "logo" ?
    He promotes the registered one here on this site.

6. tomw

tomw Member

Errr… I mean the avatar thing.

If you are going to design a logo, identifying both sites would be nice. I created one from combining the picture from freetutorials.name home page and the header background in this design and I got this:

[​IMG]

I’m sure you, CP, Forest, or any designers here will come up with a better one.

7. ishkey

what are you talking about? I only see one site freetutorials.name

8. tomw

tomw Member

9. ishkey

free-tutorials.name
    looks like one of your templates and not a registered domain name
    NF only has freetutorials.name in his signature.
    You need to be careful as to how free-tutorials.name is setup on your server, as the search engines will penalize his main site. They frown upon duplicate sites (different names / same content), a long known fact.
    I just offered the idea of a avatar for here and a favicon.ico for his site, didn't know you were partially involved in the ownership of his domain.

10. tomw

tomw Member

Wow! I didn't know that. I will take care of this right away. Thanks.

11. ishkey

Your welcome.
    Strongly suggest you edit your .htaccess file to ensure prying eyes stay out of free-tutorials

12. tomw

tomw Member

Both domains are owned by NF. I just provide hosting for free-tutorials.name. Before that it was used to redirecting traffic to his other site – freetutorials.name. We planned on to use it for forums but never did anything to it yet; so I’m just playing with it. Thanks again for the warning. I definitely don’t want to jeopardize NF’s main websites. I do welcome prying eyes, however, once we put the forums in place.

13. navyfalcon

Thanks for the avitar ishkey
    Freetutorials.name and Free tutorials.name refer to the same site. Free-tutorials.name was a name that I had registered but dropped it. I don't think anyone is using it now.
    I have used this avitar and a falcon head on different forums. I also used the falcon head on this forum but a long time ago. I have stayed with this avitar because it is recognized on this forum. But I like the one you designed.
    Thank you again
    -
    falcon
    P.S. I was in the navy (US) and my family crest has falcons hence Navy Falcon

14. tomw

tomw Member

I thought we were going to use it for the Forums :confused:

15. navyfalcon

I am sorry (I checked Godaddy)
    according to Godaddy, it is still registered in my name for about another year
    http://freetutorials.name (http://free tutorials.name - same site)
    http://free-tutorials.name
    (now - .name is not a valid extension ??)
    -
    free-tutorials is not a duplicate but a forum (click on the link)
    -
    falcon

16. tomw

tomw Member

.name is one of the generic top-level domains. It is intended to use for personal or family websites. The name should be either firstname.lastname or lastname.firstname. I don’t think it is commonly used. You the first and only domain I know that use .name. Why you choose to use it?

I did copy some of your pages from freetutorials.name into free-tutorials.name but using different layouts. I removed them when Ishkey pointed out that your main site might get penalized.

17. navyfalcon

No penality because the they are different. One is a site and the other is a forum. They do
    not have duplicate content.
    -
    The sites I dropped were .biz etc. they were obtained after my site was hijacked to
    guard against further problems. Now I feel it is OK to let them go.
    -
    The .name was on sale so I got it. The .com was already taken. Now .name has position so
    I will keep it.
    -
    I really appreciate the concern. It means somebody cares. That is why I like this forum.
    Also the readiness to help others.
    -
    Thank You
    falcon

18. tomw

tomw Member

I did copy some of the pages but with a different layout. I removed them when Ishkey warned about duplicated contents from different sites. There are copies at the development folder if you are interested in seeing them.

When you said “Free-tutorials.name was a name that I had registered but dropped it.” That tells me you have dropped Free-tutorials.name. Are you now keeping it?

19. navyfalcon

My error
    I dropped freetutorials.biz and free-tutorials.biz not free-tutorials.name
    -
    falcon

20. navyfalcon

for tomw:
    How to incorporate affiliates into your webpages.
    Check - http://freetutorials.name/Reference1/Computer Hardware.html#upgrades
    click on the links (words in blue); heat, computer cooling, case fans, computer cooling
    system. If the information also had an affiliate link to cooling items, it would make a
    good affiliate advertisement. This is what I was trying to explain with articles. People
    will go to this and not be distracted by, or upset with, the affiliate advertisement and
    you will get a better conversion rate ($$$)
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon