1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Tools free seo tools

Discussion in 'Free Services' started by navyfalcon, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Geoff Tyrer

Geoff Tyrer Member

Thanks ishkey (and falcon).

The whole site is going to be revamped for a brand new version of the product - and all this advice will be put to good use I assure you.

Geoff

2. Md Zahidul Islam

Md Zahidul Islam New Member

3. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Mostly website position, keyword suggestion tools and web page analyzers
    (they check your title, description and body of your site)
    -
    falcon

4. navyfalcon

with further SEO (use of keywords) now pg 1 No 2 for (search term) trigonometry tutorials.
    Using keyword tools and meta tag analyzers (you must use software to effectively do SEO) the page has progressed from 3rd pg to 1st pg and from No 8 to No 2. This should be done for each page of your site, not just the main or index page.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

5. aramam

aramam New Member

thanks to this useful post

6. navyfalcon

One of the SEO tools I find very valuable is Free Keyword Suggestion Tool
    http://www.keyworddiscovery.com/search.html
    You find it difficult if not impossible to do proper SEO without it. Example: my geometry page was not getting traffic or position. I searched several other 'geometry' pages and made a list of their keywords. Then checked the rank or popularity of these words. I put the words in an alpha sort then a rank sort (on popularity numbers). I then was able to change my description based on the keywords and their popularity). It helps
    -
    falcon

7. navyfalcon

Here is an example of the table of keywords (alpha on the left - numeric on the right)

- alpha - - - - - - - - - - numeric
    algebra . . . . 4977 - - -algebra . . . . 4977
    answer - - - - - 213 - - -school . . . . .3101
    answers - - - - -657 - - -college . . . . 2734
    area - - - - - - 274 - - -formula . . . . 1704
    calculate- - - - -26 - - -calculator . . .1699
    calculations - - -14 - - -math . . . . . .1562
    calculator . . .1699 - - -high school. . .1361
    circle - - - - - 340 - - -homeschool . . .1199
    college . . . . 2734 - - -university - - - 938
    distance learning -194 - -answers - - - - -657
    example - - - - -149 - - -pyramid - - - - -477
    formula . . . . 1704 - - -mathematics - - -435
    geometry- - - - -420 - - -geometry - - - - 420
    geometry formulas 72 - - -learning - - - - 342
    high school. . .1361 - - -circle - - - - - 340
    homeschool . . .1199 - - -lessons - - - - 298
    homework - - - - 130 - - -area - - - - - - 274
    lesson - - - - - 257 - - -lesson - - - - - 257
    tutorials - - - -152 - - -triangle - - - - 224
    tutorial - - - - 104 - - -answer - - - - - 213
    math . . . . . .1562 - - -distance learning -194
    mathematics - - -435 - - -polygon - - - - -162
    learning - - - - 342 - - -tutorials - - - 152
    lessons - - - - -298 - - -example - - - - 149
    math problems - -134 - - -math problems - 134
    perimeter - - - - 80 - - -problem - - - - 131
    polygon - - - - -162 - - -homework - - - - 130
    polygons - - - - 46 - - -solutions - - - 128
    problem - - - - -131 - - -terms - - - - - 104
    pyramid - - - - -477 - - -tutorial - - - - 104
    school . . . . .3101 - - solution - - - - 85
    solutions - - - 128 - - volume - - - - - 85
    solution - - - - 85 - - perimeter - - - - 80
    terms - - - - - -104 - - geometry formulas 72
    theorems - - - - - 8 - - polygons - - - - 46
    triangle - - - - 224 - - calculate - - - - 26
    volume - - - - - 85 - - calculations - - 14
    university - - - 938 - - theorems - - - - - 8

Note the difference between mathematics and math.
    What is the difference in meaning ? For this example and my page (meaning-none difference 1127)
    That is why this step is important and very few do it. That is good for you because it will make a difference in your site position and traffic.
    -
    falcon

8. navyfalcon

I will do one page (not the index page) using SEO techniques for someone if they will let us know how it helped. I will list the software used and how I do it if they will do the same for someone else on this forum under the same conditions.
    So we should soon have a clientele knowledgeable of basic SEO and willing to help others. If this works well, we will take one of the examples and do some more (or advanced) SEO. After this we may want to do SEM (or SEO for online marketing) for Google Adsense (and analytics) plus affiliates. This may become a very popular subject.
    -
    Make sure you list what you expect (not pagerank, that is different), but position and traffic.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

9. navyfalcon

as of 8/10/12 still page 1 #2
    check here
    http://freetutorials.name/Reference1/Trigonometry tutorials.html
    The introduction helped a lot. Now the biggest problem I have is keeping "Free Tutorials" on first page. A lot of competition there. I have to check every week or two to see how much it moved.
    -
    falcon

10. navyfalcon

Understand: Different types of websites are promoted differently. Mine is an 'education information' page. So my site design and layout is different. But the importance of good keywords is all the same. You need to determine what keywords are the best for people to locate your site. Remember they haven't seen your site, so the only information they have is the keywords you provide. What keywords would you use to find your site. They only have the title and description that is listed, and you are competing with many others. It is difficult to think of the best keywords, therefore you need a good keyword suggestion tool. Also checking other similar sites will provide you with their keywords. Soon you will have a list to check. Check singular words and two (2) or three (3) keyword phrases. Keyword phrases are best as very few people use just one word. Also expand the list to accommodate four (4) and five (5) word phrases. Now you are ready to check the list with the keyword suggestion tool (which will give you ideas for more and maybe better words). Now use these words and phrases in your description. Also try and use them in the 1st 100 words of the body. This is where I use an introduction, using the keywords in the introduction which puts them in the 1st 100 words of the body. Look at the trigonometry page in the previous post to see how I used the introduction to put the keywords within the first 100 words of the body. Also do a Google search for 'Trigonometry Tutorials' and see how it helped. This information is from experience and you can see how it helped.
    Note: keywords and phrases:
    Trigonometry, math, trigonometry functions, trigonometry equations, math lessons, advanced math, math calculator, math help.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

11. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

You need to check it again, position slipped to page 2

page2_number7.jpg

12. navyfalcon

You are right. Looks like I have some more work to do.
    falcon

13. navyfalcon

One of the things I find most discouraging is "Google position tool" (not all Google position tools are alike).
    Check your actual position on Google. Then check it in the 'position tool'. Not always correct. The Google position tool by different software publishers give different results. Try a search for "Google position tool" and you will see there are a lot of them. Try using some and you will see they give different results. Then the problem becomes which are accurate. This is the problem with a lot of SEO tools. That is why I check several for results and accuracy.
    -
    Your website is important, and you need to use good (and accurate) SEO tools to check your website and make updates or corrections. We will list some for you to check and report on their accuracy for you. I use several for this reason. Also they respond different for different systems. This is why you need to list your OS (Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, etc.).
    -
    Free Tutorials is Google page1, position1 (actual check)
    keywords "free tutorials" [Win 7]
    -
    Now to check in position tools
    http://www.googlepositioncheck.com/
    (not part of Google.com)
    position 35
    -
    http://googlesearchpositionfinder.com/
    (not part of Google.com)
    We searched 10 pages of results and did not find your domain/url
    -
    http://www.web-backlinks.com/google-serps-position-checker.asp
    freetutorials.name/ was not in the top 200 for the keyword: "free tutorials"
    -
    for a quick go here:
    http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/13/webware/5-free-tools-to-check-google-search-position-online.html
    -
    falcon

14. navyfalcon

15. navyfalcon

Note: I checked in Win 7. Some of the tools worked when I checked in Win XP.
    -
    falcon

16. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

scratch_one-s_head.gif I just searched in GOOGLE

why use tools that can not produce accurate results, clog up your computer and you have to maintain? opinion-dunno.gif
    just look in google and bing

17. navyfalcon

Google position, Yahoo position, Bing position, and MSN position tools worked on older OS (some of them).
    You need to check the accuracy. I am looking for some that work on the newer systems. If they work on the newer systems they may not be backward compatible. I only use the free ones and they are not always updated regularly.
    The tools are better and faster than looking up if you are not on the first three pages. All tools should be checked as they are used for suggestion and assistance (that is why I suggest using several). The commercial ones are better, but my site is Free Tutorials and some free tools are better than the commercial ones. The point I am making is check and use the ones that are best for you.
    -
    falcon

18. navyfalcon

19. navyfalcon

20. navyfalcon

Try this one
    http://googlesearchpositionfinder.com/
    it also has 'go there' so you can see the actual results, and it has 'try Yahoo'
    this is close but not totally accurate, but it has 'go there' so you can check the actual listing
    -
    falcon
    some list the OS and that helps