1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Others Free Editors to get you Started or for Quick Use

Discussion in 'Free Services' started by ishkey, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Free HTML Editors:
    Alleycode Free HTML editor wysiwyg - Alleycode HTML, Text, PHP editor , Free website testing tools Win
    NVU Nvu Web Authoring Software Win Mac
    Kompozer http://kompozer.net/ Win Mac

Free Text Editors:
    TextWrangler Bare Bones Software | TextWrangler Mac
    Notepad++ .:: NOTEPAD++ ::. Win
    pspad PSPad - free unicode developer editor, handles near any syntax like HTML, PHP, XHTML, JavaScript, ASP, Perl, C and many other languages with HEX editor, multilanguage interface
    Crimson Editor Homepage of Crimson Editor - Free Text Editor, Html Editor, Programmers Editor for Windows
    ConTEXT Freeware Text Editor

Some Multi Purpose Free Heavy Weights:
    jEdit jEdit - Programmer's Text Editor - overview All platforms - jEdit by itself is just a text editor; plugins can turn it into a powerful IDE.
    TS Webeditor tswebeditor.tigris.org Win Mac
    CSSED CSSED Index page Win Mac

Misc Win:
    ExamDiff - Visual File Comparison Tool ExamDiff - Compare text files with this free file comparison version of file compare, folder compare tool ExamDiff Pro
    MWSnap - is a small yet powerful Windows program for snapping (capturing) images from selected parts of the screen and more. Mirek's Free Windows Software

FTP:
    FTP Wanderer 3.0 - is a multithreaded FTP client with the look-and-feel of Windows Explorer, and makes moving files between the Internet and your computer as simple as local file manipulation. FTP Wanderer 3.0
    FileZilla - the free FTP solution. Both a client and a server are available. http://filezilla-project.org/

I'm not going to offer a review - execept to say all of the above software is on my top list and has more than enough power for even the die-hards out there. The best part they are easy to use.
    If you really want to code and do not want to spend the money then you must check these out.
    Why the assortment? Everyone has different tastes and each has a different feel.
    Yes I know there are more out there, but try these first.

2. grodt718

grodt718 New Member

3. Wanderer

Wanderer Member

Iv downloaded this free HTML Editor, not sure how good it is as im really new to all this, so i will let you guys see for yourself lol

* Arachnophilia

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Original post 09-22-2009
    -
    The present list is good
    Any newer ones that may be considered
    -
    falcon