1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Others Free Computer Tech Support

Discussion in 'Free Services' started by pezboy45, Jul 25, 2008.

1. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

I'm now offereing free computer tech support, using a Custom version of Ultra VNC.

The service will be functional soon.

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

UVNC not bad for open source. I've used RADMIN http://www.radmin.com/ for years.
    Nothing compares for it's speed, small foot print, ease of install and it's price. Try the 30 day trial. I think you like it.
    Free service - that's interesting.

3. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

Yea, but mine doesn't have any foot print.
    Because, when the client downloads it, its a 300Kb .exe
    and when they are done using it, it uninstalls, and just leaves that 300Kb .exe where ever they downloaded it to.
    Its pretty neat.
    I've used it a few times so far, (for friends).
    I might just keep it to friends, but IDK.
    We'll see.
    (it might end up, (not being free))

4. mark_lynn1827

mark_lynn1827 New Member

I want to know about how much an IT support st Albans guy earns means their salary per annum. My cousin sister is looking for a career in this field , she is quite technical though but I am worrying about her future earnings. Can anyone give me any idea about it..

5. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

6. navyfalcon

UltraVNC is a powerful, easy to use and free software that can display the screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other PC remotely. It means that you can work on a remote computer, as if you were sitting in front of it, right from your current location. If you provide computer support, you can quickly access your customer's computers from anywhere in the world and resolve helpdesk issues remotely! With addons like SingleClick your customers don't even have to pre-install software or execute complex procedures to get remote helpdesk support.
    -
    For Free IT support, you should include free system information software (many good
    free system information programs available). The information should be the information
    you need to help (such as Operating System [OS] computer type or mother board and
    CPU, etc. Then they only need to include the system information summary (screenshot)
    and the problem and you can make a FAQ (frequently asked questions) list with solutions.
    Also you may want to include screenshots for some of the FAQs and solutions.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon
    P.S. nobody knows me now with the new avitar
    thank you Ishkey for the avitar (now I am undercover)

7. navyfalcon

If you are good enough, try getting contracts for small companies for computer
    security (remember the movie "sneakers"). Computer security is a big issue
    and even large companies suffer from intrusions. Checking computer security
    is also a big issue and repairing intrusions is becoming a very large item.
    Small companies cannot support a competent [Having the necessary ability, knowledge,
    or skill to do something successfully] computer staff. Removing viruses, spyware, malware,
    etc. and preventing it with good software is also a good item (maybe get support from
    anti-malware software companies. The best changes almost every year.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon (under cover)

8. navyfalcon

Another area is tutoring for students (helping them get their certification)
    This can be big if you get enough students. The computer repair (A+)
    certificate is a beginning certificate but difficult enough to need some help.
    And networking is a big item. Computer security is a very big item.
    Colleges and universities have classes in computers and repeating the class
    to get a passing grade is expensive. You can start by being a homework helper
    and special fast answers for midterm and finals, plus videos for review.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon (under cover)