1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphic Tools Free Basic Photo Editor

Discussion in 'Free Services' started by CovertPea, Nov 27, 2008.

1. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Vicman offers a free, easy to use basic Image Editor for download (7.7MB)

http://pho.to/editor/features.php

Photo! Editor is a useful tool designed to help those of us "non-image editing savvy folk" in resizing, cropping, straightening and sharpening images prior to uploading to web sites or forums such as this.

Also includes other frilly, possibly useless but fun doo-dads to play round with such as red-eye fix, image warping, lighting and make up. (make up tools are similar to cloning, patch and healing brushes in photoshop only on a much smaller scale.)

Hope this is of some help.
    Cheers
    CP

lancer015 likes this.
  2. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Looks pretty nice. I'll have a closer look at it

3. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

4. CovertPea

I've already mentioned the Gimp somewhere else on this forum, and yes, it sure is a great program.
    The program above (if it's still available) is designed for total beginners wanting to resize / crop their own graphics before uploading them to FWT.

:( Members who post needlessly oversized graphics on this forum is one of my pet annoyances.

5. itjannat

itjannat New Member

thanks for sharing with us

6. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Thank you!

7. reganstar

reganstar New Member

Both of them are really good and free. Thanks for sharing.

8. clowie

clowie New Member

Thanks, I've bookmarked it for my future needs.
    It seems to be even easier than photoshop )

9. almaalo

almaalo New Member

wow... very nice..........
    Thanks for sharing.

10. kwunited

kwunited New Member

Finally !! I have been trying to rid myself of huge programs that bog down my PC. For example, I have rid myself of ADOBE READER and now use FOXIT READER. Very small and works like a charm. Now to dump the old PaintShop Pro from Jasc !! :)

11. CovertPea

I have been using Foxit for quite a while now. Very small program, very efficient. Makes adobe's reader look so bulky and archaic!

As for Jasc's PSP, don't be too quick to rid yourself of it. Nowadays I use adobe CS2 but still have my trusty, well used PSP 7 loaded for quick jobs or making animations with its associated Animation Shop.

Versions of PSP under Jasc were all great, although I wasn't impressed with bloated #8. Version 9 is/was brilliant!
    Unfortunately when Corel took them over (versions 10 and up) they went to the dogs.
    That's my humble opinion anyway. :D

Cheers
    CP

12. kwunited

kwunited New Member

OK, thanks for the advice! Will try the new programs out and then make a decision. I am still running PSP 7 !

All the best !

13. unbase

unbase Guest

14. otheris

otheris New Member

Thank you. It can help me.

15. Hotspace

Hotspace New Member

16. I agree with you, GIMP is awesome. The best part is it's totally free and have a lot of function similar to Photoshop.

17. Malishka Photography Transformation

Another free tool which you can use to applying affects to images is
    Malishka Photography Transformation

This is a free, quick to use tool that can be used to apply quick transformations to online images. It supports approximately 70 different image transformations. Provide the URL of the image that you want to transform and select the transformation that you want to aspply. You can then download the image or copy the link of the transformed image to use the new image on your web site.

Here is the list of the transformations that are currently supported:
    adaptiveBlur, adaptiveResize, adaptiveSharpen, adaptiveThreshold, addNoise, annotate, blur, border, channel, charcoal, contrast, contrastStretch, convolve, crop, despeckle, draw, detectEdges, emboss, equalize, implode, flip, flop, frame, fx, gamma, gaussianBlur, gradient, grayScale, implode, level, medianFilter, modulate, monochrome, motionBlur, negate, normalize, oilPaint, plasma, polaroid, quantize, radialBlur, raise, reduceNoise, resize, roll, rotate, sample, scale, segment, shade, sharpen, shave, shear, sketch, sigmoidalContrast, spread, solarize, swirl, unsharpMask, vignette, wave

You can try out these effects quickly and easily to enhance your photos or logos.

18. walterreed

walterreed Banned

19. Boonoo

Boonoo New Member

Great

Thanks for the valuable information. It seems nice, I will take a look and see what to learn from it :D

20. blueberry

blueberry New Member