1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum offline for the last 2 days.

Discussion in 'News' started by Mimoun, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

You may have notice that the forum was offline for 2 days the reason for this was to do a security checkup on the forum as we had a number of people/robots trying to hack our forum.

The forum was offline as a precautionary measure the hackers did not succeed in their attack.

It was a drastic measure to close the forum down and I'm not sure it was even necessary, but as the cliché goes it's better to be save than sorry.

I will still be performing routine checks on the server and take the forum offline if the risk is too high. I don't think these hackers are going to give up easily.

2. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the update Mimoun; it was nice to have pc off for a couple of days lol

3. tomw

tomw Member

When I saw that the forum was down but not the entire site then I got excited, thinking Request a template section would be activated again. I’m not disappointed that is not so. I’m glad you took care of thing that might turn worst. Thanks for taking care of the forum.