1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Football Team Badge Help

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Laver, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Laver

Laver New Member

Hi Guys,

I've been having a look over the last few days at the site and the logos members have created for other people. Very impressed!

I need a bit of help though, but not in the sense that I want someone to design one for me.

Basically, I have Paint Shop Pro, and a few ideas, but what I'm really, really struggling with is the actual basic shield design for which to start modifying.

How do I achieve this in PSP? Or are there a set of 'free templates' I can use anywhere?

Thanks for the help in advance guys :)

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Using "Shapes" (.jsl files) would be your best bet. What version of PSP are you using?
    If you're any good at creating vector shapes in PSP (which I can't do) you can make your own collection of various shield shapes.
    And then you can share your creations with me!! :D :D :D

Cheers
    CP

3. Laver

Laver New Member

I'm using PSP Version 9.

Shapes is the way forward then? Is that the same as the creation of vector shapes that you also spoke about?

4. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Vector shapes can be resized without losing clarity. (Unlike rasterised shapes)
    If you want to learn the in' and outs of vectors look here:
    http://www.learnthat.com/computers/learn.asp?id=2012&index=1

PSP9 comes with a variety of custom shapes plus you can create your own shapes and save them to use again. You can also alter the pre-installed shapes and save under a different name.
    It all comes back to how easy you pick up on manipulating those darn vector curves / lines. Some people pick it up easily. For me though, I just don't have the patience!

As for football logos, they mostly all begin from a basic shape eg; round, oval or a shield with a few extras added - banner, clip art, text. There's no call for more than 3 colours or adding gradients / fancy bevels as they're usually printed on t-shirts and solid colours are easier & cheaper to print.

If you have any more questions, post away! :D
    Cheers
    CP