1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Editable Regions Problem

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Valve, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Valve

Valve New Member

Hey,

I am creating a website for a gaming clan, I have done this using Photoshop and it's all made up the way I want. I have sliced it and saved it web.

I have opened the template in Dreamweaver and saved it as a template. The problem comes in when I try to insert the editable regions. I select the main content slice of the template and when I insert the editable region it just breaks the template up.

I have looked for ways to maybe size down the region and I have had no luck. This is the first website I have created so I am no whizz on DW... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

2. bahama llama

bahama llama New Member

I haven't used Dreamweaver in a few years but from what I remember certain versions would screw up the height and width tags when you were doing certain things and you have to go back and manually enter the height and width to keep it from breaking your pages. With out seeing exactly what the problem is I would start there. I help run a gaming site as well, if you're interested I can post back with a link or something. D